Diamond Crate Feedback

Ehh, I once started hoarding because of the contest that once in a while came where you would have to open them. I know they won’t come anymore, but now I’m just too lazy to go and open 1000nds of chest that frankly do not offer something that I seek.

The badges are mostly old badges of which I have either lots already, or ones that you could just get easily regardless. It is not helping with equipping badges / climbing ranks as badge booster crates do.

For chips, it is worthless as well, cause you’ll just end up with a bunch of chips of heroes you are not working on anyway. What should I do with Buzz Lightyear chips while I only have him purple? And same for a lot of other heroes. I like to have chips of certain specific heroes that I do work on, but diamond crates cannot offer that.

What is more in those chests? :thinking:

Well I know there is those gold thingy things that you can sell for gold, but frankly not a main source of income for gold.

And that is it I think :thinking:

4 Likes

The diamond chests are very outdated, they are useless to use, they do not give good rewards that are very useful such as hero tokens, badges or gold, they have to increase all the rewards and add more as an example disk power that is very needed at this time and red skill tokens.

2 Likes

I hold them because of the contests/events where you have to open a lot of them to get rewards.

I hoard them so that I can complete the Prize Wall mission of opening a Diamond crate.

3 Likes

All drops from diamond crates are basically worthless :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:. When I lack hero chips for my main heroes, I try opening some of them but barely get anything useful :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: and when I do, the quantity is just disappointing

7 hero chips??? Really???

After so many times disappointed, I have no interest in opening them :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Unless you are very low level and just getting started, they are junk.

Chips for the 150 or so heroes I don’t use? Pass
A couple of cards to sell for a pittance of gold? No thanks
More bits to add the the growing stacks of them I don’t use? Rather not

I open one for the Prize Wall daily. Other than that, I don’t care.

I find that hoarding is the best way to build enough resources for new characters you really want to maximize. Took me a while to figure that out but getting characters to where they can struggle for a few weeks cuz the resource requirements are so high, that kinda demands also careful consideration for the use of those resources. Ive built up soooo many characters that end up being barely usable even with heavy investment. Honestly right now im waiting for a good enough reason to spend my resources including diamonds. For me right now, the only real reason would be Encanto characters lol buying diamond crates seems like its not the best use of diamonds. Using the diamonds for uncommon items and resources seems like a better use.

Bring back exclusive diamond crate heroes. When we had them before I would open all my diamond crates to unlock that hero.

For now I just hoard all crates for badge bit contests

Also open x10 just takes too long on the 10x diamond crates when you have hoarding so many of them. Need a x50 or x100 if that’s even possible

1 Like

I hoard diamond crate because in the past new heroes only come in the diamond crate and I open the crate to get him/her then I wait for the next one.

I hope in the future you will add more levels in the diamond crate and better rewards.

This is what I got from opening 10x 10Diamond Crates:

Hopefully the other pictures will give a clear enough message about why we do not waste time opening diamond crates 100 at a time

Be careful not to spend that 3 Ursula chips all at once…

The other main reason is that we are waiting for another Diamond Crate exclusive hero as has been mentioned already - the last hero released exclusively in Diamond Crates was Mary in November…
By the time the hero rotates from Prize wall to Exclusive crate to VIP crate to Diamond crate they are most likely outdated or we have enough chips for them to do what is needed

3 Likes

I horde them so that when I need a burst of gold, I can open a bunch of them at once. However 1000 diamond crates equals about 600M gold which in the grand scheme of things, is not a lot. Beyond that, there really isn’t much use to using them right now.

The experience things from the crates gets made into gold. Badge bit stuff eventually gets made into gold.

If I need some random hero chips for red skills, it is a toss up whether I will get it, but right now I don’t need any because after the last double cap increase, used upwards of 10K crates and now have 2000 chips on most heroes that can be found in diamond crates.

1 Like

I would say there are 3 reasons why I don’t really care to open up my Diamond Crates beside Prize Wall reasons.

1: The main reason for me as an F2P is the perceived value as in the value likely going to be overall small as I don’t have the resources to upgrade every character, like I am probably only going to get 0/1-2 things that slightly helps me though overall not really much that interest me.
I think if Orange, Red and Yellow Badge bits if not full badges were added that could help a decent amount and especially if Orange and Red badges are possible to get full badge wise, while removing Green and Blue badges from the Diamond Crates. (10 000 Disk Power could help too)

Technically, making the Diamond Crates like the Level Up crates would probably be what make us players more so interested in the Diamond Crates, so yeah recommend doing that if really wanting to boost interest in Diamond Crates :-).

2: In case contests that has opening Diamond Crates as a score point value, so just to be sure I rather have them saved for then. (As a F2P there aren’t much reasons to open up Diamond Crates anyway at the moment).

3: I am kind of waiting to see if the Favorite Heroes feature ends up actually being added to the game, like if it does it likely means that I as a F2P are more likely to get Hero Chips for characters I actually need:

This is from the old post about idea brainstorming and getting feedback from us players:

These 3 reasons would be the main reasons why I don’t open up Diamond Crates currently beside Prize Wall reasons.

3 Likes

Habit, I suppose. Once upon a time it did make sense to hoard Diamond Crates and wait for certain times to open them, for two reasons: 1. To get a Diamond Crate Exclusive hero, since the contents of the crates were determined only when they were opened, meaning crates acquired months ago could still give a hero introduced in an update earlier today; 2. Contests that awarded points for opening Diamond Crates, though IIRC there were only two or three such contests, the last one being over two years ago.

I suppose the feeling that, at some point, we will get another Diamond Crate Exclusive hero plays a role in my lingering reluctance to open the rest of my hoard, even though, honestly, it wouldn’t be that hard to get enough crates from contests and the Prize Wall to obtain any future such hero.

Math time? Math time.

As mentioned in the other thread, Diamond Crates have a 32% chance to drop Hero Chips, and a 20% chance to drop a full Hero (which pretty much always means 7, 18, or 30 Hero Chips). Let’s take the current contest, which gives 650 Diamond Crates for the fourth progress tier. That’s 208 Hero Chip drops, and 130 full Hero drops. Currently there are 185 heroes in the game, about a dozen or so of which aren’t available via Diamond Crates; let’s just assume 170 heroes are available in Diamond Crates. Thus, from this contest, a player can expect 1 or 2 normal chip drops, and about 3/4 of a full Hero drop; for a one-star hero, which is the majority of heroes now, that’s probably going to average about 10 chips for any one hero. Not exactly a big help when it comes to needing 2000-3000 chips to max a red skill.

But! That doesn’t take into account the fact that red skill costs keep increasing, while the odds of getting any certain hero keep decreasing; the situation is slowly getting worse, instead of getting better.

Personally, I think Diamond Crates are a decent way to supplement one’s supply of Hero Chips in general, but are fundamentally flawed if viewed as a major source of chips to max out red skills of specific heroes. Changing the full Hero chip drop to a flat 20 chips, which is probably the most radical change that can be made to Diamond Crates in terms of chip supply, would help, but not enough to make up for the lack of chips from other sources, mainly Elite Campaign.

3 Likes

Do I get even more diamonds to get this

Also just to add to this @Loutre , even not specifically asked, but I feel that it is still relevant and should be raised.

And above all of the other things mentioned above, the Diamond crate cost for diamonds is ubsurdly high.
Everything I received in the screenshots would cost just shy of 26,000 diamonds
Now… even though I have diamonds saved up as can be seen in the screenshots (probably a month of very little diamond spending), I would not in a million years spend 26,000 diamonds for the c… stuff I got opening those 100 crates

pardon the almost French

And while we are on the topic of Diamond crates…
Even the event of 80% off diamond crate prices are terrible and honestly we have been asking for it to be removed from rotation for years now… so please can the team look at it?

Some suggestions of other useful events that is slightly off topic I know:

• buy more friendship stamina
  • skill point consumables buy discount
  • reduced cost for levelling up skills (excluding or including red skills)
  • double disk power in heists
1 Like

The diamond crate are in huge need of big refresh. I’m thinking about adding AT LEAST full badges of Orange Rank and higher, same as with EXP bottles and Gold.

I personally love diamond crates, and before I get anyone ROLLING THEIR EYES AT ME because they are “so pro” I am not a beginner, i’m like level 131 and have red heroes, I find just about everything from diamond crates.

1. If you sell them for gold, you eventually make profit :ok_hand:

2. Getting hero chips helps you promote heroes, and if you eventually change your team, there you go :sunglasses:

3. There are also 10x Diamond crates, which I feel are very helpful because like, if you miss the Anniversary update and don’t get Daisy, there you go, you can get Daisy chips. :duck:, and you can also get badges to promote your heroes.

Anyways, that’s what I love about diamond crates

I’m currently team level 167 and I find them fairly useless at this point. Other than Prize Wall quests I never have any use for them. That being said, I’m also the type that focuses on building a solid 6-10 heroes and not trying to level every hero I have.

I could pop them all and sell the resources I don’t need from them, outside of hero chips, but I already have a giant mess of plans, bits and badges to go thru. My stock of red skill chips is a goldmine that I’ve yet to bother with because it’s an even bigger mess than gear.

Thing is, the diamond crates don’t scale to level, so you’re getting the same thing at level 30 as you are at level 300.

The DC’s need a refresh badly. The content does not come anywhere close to the cost. The diminishing returns are pretty bad once they start to kick in.

2 Likes

I open all I got, but my understanding for it talking to whales (and my expierence observing for some of these) is as follows…
1.Becuase most badges are not worth the current levels and the amount of toon chips is not worth it unless u pull a 30 chips (which honestly at this rate of red skills, mods, etc should be the pull if u already unlocked the toon, everyone of them not 7 for this, 13 for that, etc).
2. Becuase of what can make in contests
3. People are getting burnt out how expensive badges are and lack of new modes, thinking of quitting or quit
4. Save to at least have some for prize walls (maybe if changed that requirement to any crate type maybe people would open more)

My recommendations to get more to be open…

1. Make prize walls be any crate not just diamond crates.
  2. Increase the amount of rewards to new xp juices and gold cards by increasing the max reward levels of opening crates pass level 60 currently (and increase our levels retroactively since reaching level 60 for amount of crates we have opened since). (As I Mentioned a year ago… Diamond crate level- can it be upped)
  3. Or turn them into wish crates earned instead with wish crate rewards.

We hoard them because the compensation PB gives us players throughout the game is horrible. You don’t give us different contests, you don’t properly change up the diamond crate percentages for new heroes, you do nothing for us, all you want is our money.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney