Diamond crates and Guild crates are hopelessly outdated

A new contest just started and there is no real possibility for FtP to find Ultra and Colossal XP drinks in the game. Diamond crates and war crates have no use because the XP drinks that being dropped there are at least 3 years outdated.
The only possibility to get 1 or 2 Ultra XP drinks is through power crafting with items from above levels 50+.
On younger servers a lot of players aren’t even there yet.
The Diamond crates need a refresh urgently and should drop at least full orange items at least and occasionally a red item.
Don’t even let me start with war crates. The disc power provided isn’t up to par, same goes for friend campaign. The measly 100 being dropped every 3 hours or so does nothing.
The demand to level discs with yellow rank raised exponentially. No game source provides the amound of disc power that being needed to level 1 equipped disc.
I mean I get that you made disc power an IAP item. But basically spending money should get you faster to max heroes and little or no money spending takes longer, no? Have you abandoned this game concept at all? In all your ads you emphasize that the game is for free, but actually you know it’s not. It’s not acceptable anymore what is provided by simple game play if you start to promote heroes above Y10 rank 3 years after the fact, that paying players did that already years ago. As an FtP or minimal paying customer there is no viable way to get ressources accordingly. At this rate it will take 10 years to get, where top players are now. The disparity is staggering and creates a majority of “have nots” in this game. I doubt the game will be around for this period of time.
Guild crates are the worst crates in the whole game. I don’t recommend my guild mates to hire mercenaries anymore because the cost in gold outdo the yield several times and guild tokens have basically no real worth in the game. If you invest every day in a 5-buy you hardly get more than 50 hero chips of the featured hero. This isn’t enough to advance 1 mod. Guild crates often drop green!!! items. Who at this stage is in need of green items after 4 1/2 years game play?
Why you doubled the cost for stamina batteries on S1 that can be bought for diamonds is beyond me, too. They used to be 29,5 diamonds, now they are 54,10.
Next merger is due the 2nd of February this year (S14 + S1). At this pace you won’t have a player base that your paying costumers can play with at your 5th year anniversary.
The game economy is completely skewed at this point and in my humble opinion the dev team should make this a top priority to fix it before even newer players recognize that they have to complete an impossible task, even if they pay moderately.

7 Likes

Very well said
Although lengthy, you touch on a lot of important points.

The fact of the matter is, if they dont make enough money from purchases the game will be discontinued by PB
If they sell things too pricey, people will not buy them…

It is finding the middle ground , and this is where it is lacking at the moment.

Unfortunately to fix items like the economy takes too long and people are quitting faster than they are joining, and like you said, unless you spend a ton of money, a new player can never catch up to a reasonably competitive place

So by this reasoning, the player base will just keep shrinking, resulting in less revenue which means a smaller dev team, which leads to less time allocated to fixing things and making new and exciting content and it will just cause more people to quit and then the cycle just starts again.

The 6th anniversary coming up this year will be smaller than the 5th, and this will probably be the last one.
It is facts and just how life works
You can’t keep Cinderella’s carriage from turning back to a pumpkin at midnight, or prevent the Evil Queen from poisoning Snow White.
You can deal with it afterwards and carry on with life, but what is done is done.

3 Likes

I just don’t see how changing coding on diamond and guild crates would be so difficult tbh just change the blue/purple drops to orange and red drops.
I know it’s not that simple but to most people they think it is

2 Likes

Change gold crate to purple and orange, diamond to red and yellow… Guild can give full badges cause why not.

But sadly it will never change at this point. I am losing hope. The team does not like to give things too easily (aka in a gold crate) and therefore I am rather skeptical.

2 Likes

This is more just not wanting to do anything, drops are exactly the same from beta! 5 years and nothing has changed.

Why change something, if people will spend, eAsY mOnEY!!!11!
Meanwhile, players leave…

2 Likes

I sort of doubt that any changes will be made to Diamond Crates, unless PerBlue replaces them fully in-game with, e.g., NuDiamond Crates. Let’s say, for example, PerBlue changes half of the bit drops so that they now drop Orange, Red, and Yellow badge bits, as well as increasing XP yield so they can drop the bigger cans. All of a sudden, all the players who’ve been sitting on thousands of 10x Diamond Crates have an inventory that’s far more valuable than it was when they got them, whereas the players who’ve been opening their crates as they go get nothing. On the other hand, if PerBlue stops giving, awarding, or selling the classic Diamond Crates in the game and replaces them with NuDiamond crates that have increased bit/XP drops, then everyone gets an equal start on the new crates.

Maybe you don’t think that’s an important issue; I’m not entirely convinced of how important it is, myself. But I’ll guarantee it’s important to PerBlue.

It would also be nice to see some sort of improvement in Guild Crates, yes; I don’t expect anything drastic, but given that they haven’t changed at all in nearly 5 years, and haven’t seen any significant increase in supply since the consumable perk to buy them was introduced, their value has definitely gone way down over the course of the game. Doubling the number of hero chips they give, and tying their other rewards to the receiving player’s max level/rank, would probably be enough to make them useful without significantly impacting the game economy.

1 Like

Agreed

However the change in contests way back when was to promote people to not hoard items anymore
And it is still probably true, because the items gained from the crates are insignificant
However, without ways of opening 10x diamond crates, i am not hoarding on purpose - i really just dont have time to open 50,000 x10 crates
So since the items are not making a big difference to me, i just leave them there

Now, if they want to change the rewards, they could force open all crates on a specific date - and then change the rewards, then everyone starts on 0 crates in inventory and problem solved

But… not getting my hopes up - apparently we still need white badges from crates

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney