Disney Movie Based on a Video Game

With Illumination coming out with movie adaptation of The Mario Bros. series coming out in the spring of next year, it is safe to assume that movies and TV shows based off of video games are on the rise with the Sonic the Hedgehog cinematic universe, the Rachet and Clank movie, the Halo TV show and the rumored Legend of Zelda movie and Kingdom Hearts anime floating around.

This got me thinking. Maybe Disney could make a movie about a video game. (Wreck it Ralph doesn’t count since it’s an orginial idea.)

I have few candidates that could work for Disney

• Kid Icarus
  • Kirby
  • Shantae
  • Crash Bandicoot (why not?)

I was wondering, if Disney had a chance to make a movie base off of a video game franchise. What would it be?

1 Like

Disney doesn’t adapt video games–they adapt myths and folklore.

And Big Hero 6, for some reason. Possibly the Marvel connection.

It doesn’t need to be Disney canon, could be just additional release, would be good for Disney+

Except that they would have to pay a license fee for the characters for any merchandise or video game inclusions. Other than Kingdom Hearts, Disney tends to buy and absorb other people’s creative work.

Actually, Wreck-it-Ralph did kinda well with the “Video Game Movie” Schtick, so that works.

And then Wreck-It Ralph 2 proceeded to just ruin that.

If they did, I’m hoping for a rayman movie, or a Zelda movie.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney