Doofenshmirtz friendships campaigns are all wrong

Who wrote the script for his friend campaign with Agent P? Did they ever even watch the show?

Firstly, Doof refers to him as “Perry the Platypus” and only fails to recognize him when he doesn’t have his hat on.

(Doof sees Perry without his hat)
Doof: “A platypus?”
(Perry puts on his hat)
Doof: “PERRY the Platypus?!”

Second, Agent P is supposed to barge into his hideout: “Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!”, only for Doof to put him in a trap; which Agent P breaks out of, and fights him, causing his plan to be thwarted, before Agent P leaves. Afterwards, Doof shouts, “Curse you, Perry the Platypus!”

What we got in this friendship campaign is just not right at all. I mean, I guess they kinda got his personality down, but they made it seem like the two have never met before.

6 Likes

Yeah, something about Doof just feels a little bit… off.

His friendship with the Horned King is all wrong. Sure Dr. D has his moments to be sure, but he’s not as clever or calculating as he is portrayed here. At best, he’s a nice guy who is pretending to be evil who does what he does as revenge for his absurdly terrible childhood.

And the Horned King would never in his life share the secrets of the black cauldron grateful or otherwise. I think Doofenshmirtz would have been better off with another comedic villain like Drakken, Goob, or Yzma.

3 Likes

And its strange how he still wants to destroy the Tri-State area when he’s not even in it anymore lol. The Horned King makes a joke about the what the Tri-State Area is, but it’s weird that Doofenshmirtz is still fixated on that lol. Also it really seems out of character for the Horned King’s character to just teach Doof the magic of the black cauldron. I still hold ground that the Bowler Hat Guy would have been MUCH better. It just feels out of place to have a hilarious villain mix with a VERY serious villain for me.

3 Likes

Well, I don’t think it was suppose to be a joke. Remember, the Horned King came from a different time period where a concept like a Tri-state area hasn’t been establish yet.

1 Like

Yeah the dialogue and actions between Doof and Perry just feels, well, awkward for lack of a better term. Doof feels not quite on point with the dialogue and the fact he apparently fails to recognize Perry in agent form is out of sync with both the running gag of the show itself and the general concept of same-show character friendships often making note of recognition (eg Abu/Aladdin for example).
Also Doof saying “I’m going to take a quick break to think this through” is entirely out of character. Like yeah friendships aren’t always the most accurate, but not only is this one canon but Doof doesn’t exactly hit the mark.

I’ve not done Horned King friendship yet, but the unlock dialogue alone just seemed odd. Why HK and not Drakken or Bowler Hat? Duff or Syndrome could have worked pretty well too.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney