Elsa not in Princess Collection

Just wondering why Elsa isn’t included in the princess collection? I mean yes she eventually becomes queen but pretty much every Disney princess becomes queen in the end as well, she was still a princess

1 Like

That was Disney’s itself decision, not PB’s.

Interesting, just confusing to me

Technically speaking 1) Elsa is not part of the official Disney Princess brand that Disney uses to determine who is in and who is not 2) Elsa kind of rejects her role as queen in Frozen 2 and Anna becomes Queen

I didn’t really watch frozen so I didn’t know that last part lol, but in the end is understandable. Still confuses me why she wouldn’t be considered one but nothing I can do about that lol

As @Imagineer_V said, Elsa is not among the 12 characters in the Disney Princess and this game seems to follow the official Disney Princess roster in creating that Princess Collection

Disney Princess line is just a marketing strategy that Disney created to boost the sales of these characters’ merchandise and also Disney Princess-related merchandise such as videos, books, toys, dolls, etc. Disney have never mentions any specific criteria for inducting these characters into the Disney Princess line, but I believe they chose these 12 because all these characters (along with each of their own films) would have increased popularity from Disney Princess joint-marketing campaign and therefore they would generate more income for Disney. In my opinion, it has nothing to do with the film’s plot and whether they are actually queen or princess in the film (for example: Mulan and Pocahontas are not princesses, but both are still in Disney Princess roster)

Meanwhile, Elsa and Anna, along with other Frozen characters, are still very popular and could make Disney a lot of income on their own rights. Joining the Princess line may not be beneficial for Elsa and Anna at the moment. However, it is possible that sometime in the future when Frozen’s popularity have declined, they will induct Elsa and Anna to the Disney Princess line to once again boost their popularity and profits.

1 Like

There are requirements for who is in the Princess club and who is not, including how well the movie does. But yes that is accurate.

Got it, ty

If Disney decides that, why was she part of the Disney princess gang in Disney’s Wreck It Ralph 2?

. Just curious is all.

2 Likes

Once again, I believe this is based on marketing and profit. As two of the most popular Disney movies characters in recent years, it would benefit Wreck-It-Ralph 2 that Elsa and Anna appears. Moana was also not a Disney Princess when the film came out in 2018, but as her film’s recent popularity, she also appears.

Despite the success of those princesses scenes in the film, Disney still not see the marketing benefit in adding Elsa and Anna to the Disney Princess line. Instead, in 2019, a year after the film released, they chose to add Moana to the Disney Princess line.

For Disney, it’s always about selling more merchandise and making the most profit from their properties.

Fun fact: Initially Tinker Bell and Esmeralda (from the Hunchback of Notre Dame) was part of the early Disney Princess merchandise. Tinker Bell has been moved to headline the Disney Fairies line, while Esmeralda was quietly removed because she was not that popular.

Alright , makes sense in that case. Thanks.

Surprisingly though, the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card out of Elsa is a Princess Spell.

As for me, personally, Elsa and Vanellope should be in Princess collection.

But as said, Disney’s rules…

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney