Endgame? (no marvel)

Hi guys,

Is this game coming to its end? I have no problem with the increase level cap but I feel like PB is trying to get as much money as they can before selling this game to someone else. New heroes are crazily overpowered. E.g. Rafiki is a support hero but he deals surely more dmg than old dmg heroes like dash or elastigirl. This is quite ridiculous that a support hero deals more dmg than dmg hero. Especially I don’t want to talk about ducky and bunny since they deal insane dmg which even tank hero can hardly bear.

Is it so that PB is trying to make new heroes overpowered by juts giving them insane dmg without any special/fun mechanic? And I see that recently they focus on only making new overpowered heroes and do not intend to do anymore rebalance. And they seem not to read feedback about hero imbalance and not intend to do anything on it + fix bugs on current heroes e.g. aladdin purple skill, maui dance.

I really hope that in the near future they will focus on making the quality of the game better by rebalancing heroes, fixing bugs rather than introducing new overpowered heroes. But then the question would be where PB get money if they don’t introduce overpowered heroes that players must buy to keep up on the leaderboard? I believe that players will still buy diamonds to open crates to get their favorite heroes even though the heroes are not overpowered since the heroes could be their childhood’s favorite ones. and this is also a reason which makes this game interesting that it has not only good content but also provides players an opportunity to live with their childhood again.

I don’t want to spend money on an dying game so I hope this feedback will be heard.

Anyways thanks PB for making this great game!

5 Likes

Disney Heroes is not coming to an end. On the oldest servers where the game is about 430 ish days old the game is probably at about the mid-way point (chapter 20 is called Midway madness).
As for others servers, the game is plenty early enough for new players to join.

Personally I am a bit tired of the powerful new hero argument. If new heroes weren’t strong enough to focus on getting then the game would grow stale very quick.

If you spend, even occasionally, then DH will is pretty fun and you will be able to play with the new heroes as and when they come out. If you want a f2p experience then I’m not sure you will be satisfied with the game’s trajectory.

Lastly, with Disney behind the game I don’t expect PB to quit this game any time in the next few years, I can’t see it becoming another DS. Consider the breadth of appeal to a Disney game vs a game like DS.

5 Likes

The fear could be diverted by a simple statement of PERBLUE… As to my knowledege licensing deals often expire after two years…

2 Likes

Thanks for the perspective.

IMO strong and overpowered are 2 totally different things. What is the point to have many heroes but you know that you will never use 3/4 of them? Instead of crazy dmg number, they could be strong by interesting mechanics as well. What does ducky and bunny have besides the super high dmg number? And as my example above, what makes a tank while they cannot even withstand few hits from dmg hero? It is all about balancing stuff in the game.

I did not say anything about I am not happy to spend money on this game. I have spent even not much but I think it has been worth spending. But later on, what do I really spend for? For a hero which has no interesting mechanics but only high dmg number. I think this is not worth. They can just make a hero and add few hundred dmg more than the previous hero without anything else. Is it way too easy?

Anyways I hope what you said about Disney behind the game is true so they won’t make this game like DS.

4 Likes

Welcome to the world of intentional powercreep in order to earn money.

They’ve been doing it for quite a while already.

That part with “strong enough heroes” is the funniest part ive read there. Strong enough Bo peep would be if her damage from spin was halved, giving opportunities for other synergies with aoe damage to capitalize on it and for players to invest in both bo and these heroes.

Currently deflection spin oneshots 90% of hero roster, yeah, strong enough. More BS than Quorra tbh.

This game will not be stale unless you will be able to come up with some specific heroes in pvp which can suit the situation sometimes. Not when more than half of heroes have no chance compared to new ones. Which means never.

5 Likes

Agree. I’m calling it now.
This game probably won’t last until the next anniversary the way the game is headed. Constant increase of level caps combined with overpowered newer heroes makes it practically impossible to properly enjoy the game without having to spend money every single month. Even if its to enjoy the story I haven’t been able to level up any of the heroes released since January since all my resources go to maintaining my main 15. Very disappointing.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney