[Feedback Polls]: Players’s opinions and thoughts on the Friendship Refresh

All that health/skill/damage buffing and it wasn’t enough to get past that enemy group??? :zipper_mouth_face:

I meant I am stuck at that specific Elite stage, whatever is going on in the third wave is impassable at this current time.
I was trying to get to the end so I could claim 3 Angel chips per day instead of the 2 currently available.

Use heroes that deal great damage using there actives, such as Mulan or Zurg

3 Likes

Took me a while to get 2 Kim/Joy Friendship battle enhancers and it upgraded them to the point where victory was just slightly possible.
So based on that experience, I would speculate that we’ll need several of these items to compensate for an underpowered team.
Since they are only granted at a rate of once per day, this would be a prolonged process to get a significant combat effectiveness upgrade.

I haven’t tested any of my other Friendship pairings in combat yet using the enhancers, but given they aren’t as high as Kim and Joy, I think the outcome will not be significant enough to tip the balance towards victory.

Sorry that I haven’t posted the summary conclusion of the polls still, but yeah something happened and I needed a break for a while unfortunately and after that haven’t gotten back to it.

Anyway, that doesn’t matter that much now as the Friendship Mission Story content is coming back ^^. Polaris shared with us a roadmap and we can see there that the Friendship Mission story content will be coming back. https://trello.com/b/xPSBT7js/dhbm-roadmap

I don’t know if it will just be the old story content or if they will add new story missions as well, even if fewer per character/friendship than before. But yeah it is amazing that the friendship mission story content is coming back and yeah super happy for it and really looking forward to be able to read through them again :-).

7 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out, and a big thanks to @Polaris and the developers at PerBlue for listening to us about the Friendship stories! I’m fully aware that they aren’t necessary for gameplay and are of variable quality, but I just always felt the added to the flavor of the game, making it feel more like a Disney game than a generic brawler with Disney graphics.

4 Likes

Sorry for being a bit late, but yeah real life and wanting to comment back to Polaris first.

But yeah, no problem about pointing it out, I think most of us here in this thread are interested in the Friendship Mission story content afterall :-).

While it is true that to the mechanical gameplay story doesn’t really matter, but without story the characters are just moving images basically, it is the story and dialog that give them their true personality.
While it is true that PerBlue do try to make it so that the skillset fit the character which is nice, but I would say the sprite and skillset just give the a frame of the character, it is the story content that truly give the characters a heart and make them feel alive.

While not every player may care about story content that much as a main focus for them, I think most players appreciate the story content option wise :-). (While it maybe was a bit unoptional before who didn’t like being interrupted by the story content when clearing the missions, I imagine that will not be an issue going forward).

All in all though, super glad that the Friendship Mission Story content are coming back so hopefully either this winter or next spring ^^.

5 Likes

I do enjoy reading the associated story.

Without it, we’re just doing a chain of battle missions until we get to the end of the last one.

Glad to hear, and yeah definitely agree :-).

Without the story it is just a RPG treadmill of trying to become stronger, with story it gives character and attachment, and maybe a laugh/

While the the sprite(artwork) and skills gives the game a frame, the story gives the game a heart in a different way.

I think they need to remove the death wave spammers from the first 5 battles.

I struggled to defeat Sally, it took me over 5 attempts and Jumba was at almost 0% health when he finally succeeded.
Pleakley had been KOed.

Then the next one had a worse Deathwave spammer, when defeated for the first time, he revives and becomes invulnerable, then sends out a wave of fire when his invulnerabilty ends,

I’m hoping after I run enough power up missions, they will give Jumba and Pleakley enough power to get past the progression hogblocker.
And they should keep in mind these are the starter missions, where no help is available from assisting characters.

DAVY is also a major threat and campaigns should be made much easier how would i get a disc for slinky when i dont want to upgrade powerline and tigger.

5 Likes

I’ve seen him in some battles and my first thought is, eliminate him before he calls the Kraken and everyone is defeated.

So he’s definitely not welcome in Friendship Battes!

The upgrading is something that irks me often, if I’m not using someone, I am not wasting resources on them just for five battles.
Especially considering I have to upgrade many characters to Red 10 for the main story mode.

In terms of Friend Campaigns the solution to not being able to clear certain stages would be to wait a rank or two as in 5-10 levels if having problems. While you might not be able to clear the friend campaign still, you are likely to be able to progress and get further in the Friend Campaign.
I am not sure what level and rank your characters are compared to the enemies like Sally, but yeah I recommend leveling up Pleakley and Jumba to counter the power.

As for if it should be like that is one thing increasing your power and grow stronger, but yeah that depends on what is feasible for a player like to say I don’t think the newest friendship disks should be locked to level 200+ to say as it is unreasonable for a new player to be able to get that far F2P wise for months if not over a year.
I believe the disks should be more easily available for all and not just something VIP 13 and up players have access to.
It would be good for Disney Heroes’s overall UX(User Experience) to make the disk more easily obtainable for everyone. The star unlock levels could scale up more with levels if wanting to scale up to the original difficulty, but yeah this way it is more so possible for newer players to get disks and not having to have spent a lot of money just to get access to the disk.

At least getting back the friendship mission story content will help the wait you have up when you get access to the friendship disks :-).

As for specific characters making it hard to progress I would say that having them in the third wave if fine enough, but yeah they shouldn’t be in the first wave as the first wave should be the preparation wave where you get energy in order to clear the second and third wave.
While of course getting stronger should be able to counter the hard to beat or avoid getting beaten by characters, still it likely require resources and/or time.

So yeah, will be interesting to see if PerBlue adresses these UX(User Experience) issues, but yeah hopefully they do eventually :-).

3 Likes

versus

And this is how it ends:

Pleakley is KOed in round 2, so he’s not helping.

From now on, I will be waiting until their bonus power rating significantly exceeds that of the enemy team.
But at 1 point per day, that could realistically take a month.
And because of the slow advancement, it means I won’t be doing any Friendship runs at all. :sob:

I see and ouch :-(.

Though, are Jumba one of your main characters or just wanting their friendship?
You probably need to have Jumba closer to R0 at least if not R2/R4 and such in order to get further in the Friend campaign.

If Jumba isn’t one of your main characters I say wait on them and instead focus on other things for while and get stronger before you try again :-).

3 Likes

your top heroes are in the mid-high reds, so aside from the “yay, I’ve got the disk!” of unlocking it, having a disk on a P3 hero is neither here nor there :man_shrugging:t2:

If you upgrade them enough to the point where they are usable in normal battles, thus the disk would be beneficial, it will become easy

This is my reasoning behind wanting Pleakley’s disc:

I think his disc will boost Sadness’ ability and in Friendship Battles, I will take any advantage I can get!

And this disc might be useful later in combination with other characters who also use Damage Over Time attacks.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney