Fixing chat messages from folks when your not in the game

About 50% of the time if someone sends you a message and your not in the game you don’t see it when you log in. I’ve missed so many messages from people. Can we get this fixed?

3 Likes

Actually, you receive a notification in your notification tab tellung you that person messaged you. when this happens it will not usually show up in game I think. So maybe turn off notifications??

Ok this issue really needs to be fixed. I am constantly missing messages from folks in game only to see them a week later when I go to send them a message.

@Polaris i know this reference isn’t entirely Disney-related (and isn’t meant in spite at all), but in the last few months of DS gree pretty much fixed this - they coded something that pulled any new messages received to the top of the chat list on the left, with a red blob on it (the red blob itself was tempermental, but the pulling to the top did work).

Is it possible for something similar to be looked at for DH? It was a HUGE help!

Been having the same issue for MONTHS!!!

1 Like

Bingo. This chat messenger notification is non existent. This seems like such a basic concept to handle. Email clients have been telling phones theyve got new messages for well over a decade now. So I feel confident a functioning dependable new message notifyer is well manageable at this point. It’s really a nightmare for guild leaders try to stay on top of PM’s from guild members, other leaders etc. Important messages slip through the cracks and they really shouldn’t…

1 Like

I have passed this to the team to consider. The trouble with this notification issue is that it doesn’t happen all the time, and it’s frustratingly inconsistent even with a single player. QA has been working on it forever.

2 Likes

@Polaris, Is the QA team using a full friend lists when testing? The problems seem to be worse with more people on the list.

I don’t know what issues you have open with the friends list and messaging system, but I still have the following problems consistently:

1. Private messages received when off-line don’t result in an open conversation with the sender when I log in.
  2. Open conversation get closed when I log off, if that conversation wasn’t the last active chat window when I logged off.
  3. When scrolling the friends list, the list will jump back to the top (I think this happens whenever the on-line status of somebody on list changes - but that’s just a guess)

I often get notifications on my phone of a new private message, but when I open the game, there is no open conversation with the sender. If I manually open the existing conversation with the sender, I will be able to see their message. However, I have my account set so that anybody can message me. If somebody I don’t know messages me, I may never be able to find them to reply.

Important Note: The problems with conversations closing or not opening when receiving a private messages don’t happen with the people that have been on my friends list the longest. I don’t know if it’s the first N number of friends or friends that were added in/before some specific version of the game. But there is some small set of friends where things work correctly.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue, I have added a lot of friends and deleted a lot of friends (25+ each). I have a total of about 50 friends, but never get any notification from half of them. It’s also hit or miss when someone accepts a friend request. Sometimes I get a notification in upper left hand corner of screen, sometimes a do not. (I am online during this time period.) It’s been like this for about the past month to month and a half and it seems to be getting worse

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney