Forum Guardians: A History

Hi there, reader. I have compiled an in-depth topic on the history of the Forum Guardians. Let’s dive in, shall we?

To start off, let’s rewind time to March 26th, early this year. I had made a topic about titled “Unused Forum Feature: Groups”. In it, I asked Polaris why the “groups” feature of the forum is unused. Here’s an excerpt:

It only got 5 likes, it was nothing special. @Cookie101 (then Kalel), @Drone_IX, and David were the only ones to post on it. Cricket and Drone both only commented on not knowing about it prior to this. But then David did this:

And the first major PM was born. At first, it was just me and him, but we invited several people. First Drone and Cricket, then Kayla around message #34. At message 48, David asked what we should call the group, to which I responded with a list of ideas:

My favorite was Hall of Game, David said he liked Those Who Listen because it sounded “sinister and cool”. Then we went off on tangents for ~40 posts before Kayla made a Discord server. Another 20 posts, and Kayla suggested we invite Kate, which we did. David invited Stitch at post 150, and we went on more tangents until ~200, where David invited Disney Duchess, saying that she was a friend of his.

We didn’t do much of anything exciting for a while, mostly teaching David about wiki editing and trying to get the wiki editor badge. ~250, Kate invited her alt, and post ~270 Kayla invited @Ducktaleswoohoo19r837382748828, the original spammer. He never posted. :neutral_face:

NCT joined us at post 287 and we went back to trying to get badges. Kinokan was invited on May 5th, at post 357. He never posted either, and left at post 385, four days later. :frowning:

At this point, these were the members:
People%20in%20group%20chat

After this, not much changed as far as members go. Post #436, Stitch posted a poll for the name.

Directly below, NCT said this:

Thirty-five posts later, Stitch posted the final poll.

While unrelated, I find this old post (#500) from Kate funny:

At this point, the chat was renamed “Forum Guardians!” which it still is. Stitch was a pretty big part of it. He’s the one who suggested most everything!

He even made the first logo, which unfortunately was never used.

I made the one we use now, though. :wink:

Stitch was behind most everything, really.

Cricket removed himself right after this, on June 9th. After this, Stitch and some others made skillsets of themselves for the story. They weren’t ever really used.
June 14th, post 635 was the first section of the story.

There’s 1459 posts now, the last post being 25 days ago by Stitch.

But that’s not the only FG chat. Apart from a few offshoots (most noticeable being the DHBM Friends chat, which was originally made to test if a certain user was worthy of being added to a main chat… and they weren’t), there’s the FG Story Writing chat. I originally made it to help Stitch write the story and exchange ideas, but now it’s collaborative for both his and my stories.

In case you’re wondering about the link, here’s what it leads to. I censored personal details and things of plot-relevance. There’s also more below it, but those would be spoilers.

To end it off, here’s a list of people in the story and their forum counterpart.

Name User
Kevin Stitch
David David
Kate Kate
Kayla Kayl0
Erick NCT
14 Likes

This is awesome! And I actually forgot that I was an original member, who didn’t stick around for long tho lol :joy:

2 Likes

Memories. :grin:

4 Likes

Oh wait we still haven’t made costumes yet!

4 Likes

Like the good ol’ days.

3 Likes

Omg look at our old avatars and usernames! It’s such a long time ago!

3 Likes

This topic is now public! The next episode of the story is on the way.

1 Like

Egad, my logo was so awful!

1 Like

How did I JUST notice this?

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney