FRIENDSHIP DISCS - question about the effect they have when equipped on certain characters

Each Player Has 4 Skills,

A skill that has an Orange number in it is affected by Base Power
A skill that has a Blue number in it is affected by Skill Power
A skill that has a Green number in it is affected by Character Level

Using Moana as an example, 3 of her 4 skills are blue in color, the 4th skill is not affected by anything other then character level

This means that 3 of her 4 skills are based off of skill power

Her disc that she gets from Merida, increases her Base Power.
Since none of her skills are Base Power skills, equipping and leveling the disc would have no influence on Increasing the power on any her skills. It would be a waste of resources, the way that I understand it, to increase the level of the disc. (I am not talking about star level of the disc)

There are other characters in the game where this also holds true for their friendship disc.

Is my way of thinking, wrong by any account?

Additionally, using Moana as the example, I would never equip a base skill mod to her. When you add a skill or base mod to a character, you are able to tell which of the 4 skills it affects by looking for a purple number in each of the 4 skills.

Hopefully, I explained this well enough, so that it is easy to understand

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is accurate but I’mma try:

Moana’s “Friends of a Feather” Disc grants her Basic Damage. Since none of her Skills rely on Basic Damage, the only attack that relies on Basic Damage is her Basic Attack (Ranged or Melee, depending on her state), which she deals heavily.

1 Like

Which of the 4 skills then is her base attack or is her base attack not a skill?

The 4 Skills are different from her Basic Attack, but "Into the Fray, her Green Skill, changes how she deals her Basic Attack.

She deals Basic Attack, either Ranged or Melee, via her Oar (excluding “Into the Fray”, Green Skill)

All heroes have a basic attack unless otherwise specified (with the exception of joy). Basic damage boosts the damage of basic attacks in addition to skills highlighted in orange. For example, Darkwing duck’s purple skill raises basic damage but none of his skills are highlighted orange. They wouldn’t incorporate this into his skillset unless it actually did something, which it does- boosting his basic attacks.

2 Likes

Then how does the attack system work? When are the skills fired in comparison to the basic attack?

If you were auto off, I was under the impression, that you would cycle through the 3 skills and repeat?

I guess what I am asking then, is in what order is the basic attack fired?

Green and blue skills have set cool downs. White skill is the only one that uses energy. While the skills are on cooldown is when basic attacks are fired.

Wow, this game, kind of gets crazy complicated, when you really dive into it!

I’m assuming we don’t know the cool down times on the various skills, outside of the white skill, which of course is tied to the stamina bar

Does anyone know how often the base attack is then fired, in comparison to the 4 different skills.

That differs for each hero.

Purple skill usually isn’t fired independently, so it’s more like 3. You have some heroes like hades who fire them very often because none of his skills activate normally, and others like the mad hatter, who fire rarely due to quick skill cooldown and long animations.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney