(Fun and Games): What's the Difference?

For years, Disney has used literatures and put their own twist on it. This means they have to cut or reinterpret characters and incidences from the original text to what they see fit. And in the long run, it worked in their favor.

It has been done so often that I decided to make a game out of it. I am going to say a book and I want you to to tell me what the original author of that book did that disney did not. If you want, you can do vice-versa and tell me what disney did what was not in the original text.

Let’s start with something easy

Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland

An interesting topic. Here’s one.

As a Jungle Book fan similar to myself, here’s a something, King Louie was not in the original Rudyard Kipling Jungle Book books at all. The 1967 movie included him, and obviously he became quite popular and was important in the movie to a degree, albeit through humor. But then in the Jon Favreau remake, you would think he wouldn’t be included, as orangutans are not native to India. But they made him a gigantopithicus, a extinct giant ape. So Disney really changed things involving Jungle Book majorly twice which is neat. :grin:

The did more than that. When Walt got the rights to the book. He simply said:

“Here’s the novel, now the first thing I want you to do is not read it.”

1 Like

The book has characters like the duchess, pig, The dog, the mouse, the gryphon, and the mock turtle that don’t make it into the film while the film has characters from the books sequel (through the looking glass) such as the tweedles, the walrus, and the carpenter. The book has two poems featured in it, how doth the little, and old father William. Both are recited in the book the first being how doth the little in the room where the doorknob is in the film (a character that was created specifically for the film), while old father William was recited in front of the caterpillar. In the film old father William was sung by the tweedles and how doth the little was recited part of the way by Alice until the caterpillar interrupts and recites the one Alice said in the book (how doth the little crocodile). Also in the book the Cheshire Cat is the pet of duchess, and in the book he is less antagonistic for he is not the reason Alice winds up in front of a court in the book, instead the knave of hearts stole tarts and Alice was being interrogated before the book ends. In the film there are references to the books characters that weren’t in the film such as the knave of hearts physically appearing as the jack of hearts. Apologies for this being that long but there were two many differences for me not to say (p.s if you want to know what I’m talking about there are these four videos you could check out:

Watch them in the order posted…)

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney