Game Modes Idea

Firstly, I’ve debated with myself where the proper place to drop this is and I have no idea. So if this is in the wrong spot please tell me and I’ll delete and repost. BUT! assuming its good to be here. I had some ideas and I thought I’d post them to see what other players thoughts. Critiques are more than welcome. Again, I just jotted this down in a word document like 5 min ago. So this is straight from head to site lol.

Enjoy!

So with the city being a major and central part of the game. I have no idea whether or not something like this is in the works already or at the very least been talked about. But with having so many Aquatic and even “Air” centric Disney characters that right now just wouldn’t make sense to use, I think creating a new area for the Campaign would be really cool.

I’m not sure how you would access these new areas of the city. Maybe click on “Campaign” and have a button that switches the view from: Ground Level, Sea Level, Air Level. Or a completely new area to click on in the map. BUT. here’s my idea.

Let’s start with the Ocean Level.

To make a lot of the current characters work with water, it would mean either adding a bunch of redundant things to have to do in the game like building armor or vessels for characeters and such things like that. One of the things that I adore about Disney Hereos: Battle Mode is its simplicity. It’s complex enough to keep your attention, but not so complicated or impossible to progressing that you lose interest.

With the city being under attack, it would make sense (to me) that there would be attacks from all levels. So as such, not only would it leave the door open for the creators to create new specific baddies for the ocean, but also leaving room for a collection of heroes.

In my mind, these characters already in the game would work: Ursula, Jack Sparrow, Hector Barbossa, Tia Dalma, Stitch, Merlin, Moana, and Maui.

You would then have to start at a Chapter 1 for Sea Level, just like the normal campaign. And you’d start at a bottom level hero for the Sea and work your way up. Whether you start at white again, or some other tier system for the mode, would be up to the developers. But it would also leave room to collect characters that you can only use in this Oceanic mode.

For example, some characters that come to mind are: Davy Jones, Dory, Marlin, Crush&Squirt, Nemo, Ariel, Flounder, Sebastian, Lilo, King Triton, Hank the Octopus, and the Crocodile from Peter Pan

And like wise, for the Air, you could have a bunch of air related baddies and hereos.

Some hereos that are already in the game that would work for the AIR are : Eve, Merlin, Maui, Stitch, Genie, Buzz Lightyear, and Baymax.

Some new ones that you could add would be: Pleakley, Jumba, Jim Hawkins (Treasure Planet), Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Merlin, Flying Carpet, Iago, Zazu, Hopper (A Bug’s Life), and Launchpad McQuack.

It’s just a thought. I personally think it would be fun. It would give more incentive to buy things in the game for added Stamina and Diamonds. I think it would work well for both players of the game but also for the developers as well.

UPDATE/EDIT at 1:04AM on 7/4/19

For instance: let’s say you have a character up to Purple. I don’t necessarily mean in the new mode now this character is downgraded to white, more or less, it’s like every character starts from a ground level. So you could have a team comp of a green level, purple level, and blue level, but in this mode they all are starting from the same point. Not that you’ve lost all your previous progress.

And this excludes any new characters for the specific modes (Ex: Dory for water) because they’d be starting at white like any other character in the game.

So it becomes a new tier of building up for each of these modes. So if you had Ursula up to Orange in the “Ground Level” Campaign. Her and Dory would both start at white in this new Oceanic based mode. It would be its whole new tier.

So I guess for the crossover characters that aren’t solely dependant on just these modes. there could be a signifier somewhere.

I honestly don’t know what would be better. Since some of the characters wouldn’t be able to be used in the normal campaign. Would it be more confusing to start a new color grade system, or would most players just understand that only certain characters can be used in these places??? I’m genuinely unsure.

Something like this is what I had in mind:

Sea Level: White, Yellow +2, Pink +3, Grey +5

Air Level: White, Red +2, Brown +3, Black +5

9 Likes

So like Trials, but based on environments. How odd and eccentric . . . I love it.

I think it’s definitely a creative way to allow heroes to shine in their own special environments. And it’s definitely doable and realistic.

4 Likes

Thanks! that’s the nicest thing someone has said in relation to a post I make online in a long time. Glad to know I’m not completely crazy…okay…well…maybe I am, but its the good kind. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I don’t know about starting characters over (no, I do know… don’t want to lose what I’ve invested) but I like the idea as an expansion mode. Perhaps, certain heroes get an advantage to being in water over not being water based, or even maybe a fire-based would be at a disadvantage…

2 Likes

I like your suggestions. Maybe I should explain what I meant better. I don’t necessarily mean you start completely over. For instance: let’s say you have a character up to Purple. I don’t necessarily mean in the new mode now this character is downgraded to white, more or less, it’s like every character starts from a ground level. So you could have a team comp of a green level, purple level, and blue level, but in this mode they all are starting from the same point. Not that you’ve lost all your previous progress.

And this excludes any new characters for the specific modes (Ex: Dory for water) because they’d be starting at white like any other character in the game.

So it becomes a new tier of building up for each of these modes. But I like the fire idea. Hmmm. I wonder how that would be included.

Sweet dude

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney