Game not working again!

I’ve been having problems with this morning, and I’m really glad I’m not the only one experiencing this. There’s a massive amount of lag all throughout the game, and I can barely do anything without it hitting me with that dreaded “Restoring Connection” message. I hope there’s a hot fix for this in the works.

Good news,I got back to my OG account

The reason why the game is not working is because it can’t establish a connection to the server @TheGrillFather.

That’s why people say they can do Team Trials, Ports, promote some heroes…
But then the game checks for the connection to overwrite data and it’s just not there.
So if you leave the game you will have everything rolled back to the point where you did nothing.

Thus, for the time being, there’s no point playing the game at all until it’s fixed.

2 Likes

Interesting strategy, blaming the game for being too old to run properly.

Maybe doing more maintenance updates and fixes instead of churning out constant new heroes would be a good idea?

Just spitballing ideas…

1 Like

It really isn’t the strategy. The servers do have to handle exponentially more data…

Too old in this case rather means that there is too much stuff in it.

2 Likes

Yeah, ‘old’ ie. the age of the game isn’t really the accurate term, and is probably being used as the reason because it insinuates something out of PB’s control :stuck_out_tongue:

The way things have scaled and the data management has been optimised (or hasn’t been) over time as a result of the game being old, is certainly within their control

2 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree

1 Like

Again, completely agree. Tired of hearing “we are working on the problem” for at least the last year. "Gosh, it’s because there are too many heroes. @.@ Uh … then start doing the fixes and quit giving us more heroes until it is fixed. I am already worried that Server 1 won’t be able to handle another merge of servers. It can’t handle what it has now.

3 Likes

@Pipsqueak think about it this way. One badge bit costs 24 stamina (4 raids x 6 stamina each) to get.

One full badge of 50 bits is 1,200 stamina (200 raids).

Imagine back in Purple ranks the badges were 500-3000 stamina each.

Now at Emerald+5 they are definitely above 3M, which is 1000x more.

So for one badge alone the game needs to do 500,000 raiding calls…
x200 heroes x millions of players. Well.

This is why we have lowered the hero cadence significantly this year, so we can properly tackle this issue! We will not merge any servers until the currently existing ones are optimized. I can see how this is frustrating from your end, but we are actively working on improving game performance. These improvements need time!

1 Like

I kind of wonder what the general population of the servers is…
not in the way of “how many players are in Server X” but rather “Server X is about twice as big as Server Y” or such.

It doesn’t really give the idea how much more lag it will cause if the Servers were merged, but one can at least think something about it, a general direction of some sort.

I’d put it something like this:
I definitely think Server 1 population is much larger than Server 21, but whether Server 21’s population is 80%, 70%, 60%, 50% or less % of Server 1’s we don’t know.
We can assume that whatever the % is will make the Server 1 lagging more by at least the percent of population Server 21 has.

Time indeed. We have been begging for the lag to be taken care of for at the very least a year. So don’t give me the exclamation point response. The only thing you guys have done to fix the lag is give us a survey about the pink dots -_- It is way past time something is done. Now everything is worse, cause instead of doing these “takes more than one step” fixes, we just get more cap raises and more heroes. You guys aren’t even keeping up on chapters. We are supposedly battling mega virus in an oasis and you have us on a ship. Get it together

4 Likes

Impossible to play.

1 Like

I just want to see how PB will reward us for wasting a lot of time and not being able to take advantage of the double drop that is active today, the war where we were unable to attack, the invasion that is at a standstill, the publication schedule for the mercenaries that will come later … I see a lot of problems ahead

1 Like

Basically nothing is working properly in the game and it is so frustrated!

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney