Got a question for perblue

@Polaris can you say if you guys are planning to release marvel or star wars characters? As much as I want to see them in doubt they we’ll bc star wars and marve have a game that are almost exactly the same but I’m curious none the less

1 Like

Licensing.

PerBlue will have to pay Disney to be allowed to put in Marvel or Star Wars in Disney Heroes. If they didn’t pay and they just added them, Disney would file a lawsuit against PerBlue for copyright infringement, and PerBlue doesn’t want that.

Note that PerBlue and Disney/Pixar are different.

I think if Star Wars and Marvel would be added, they’d be super OP…

1 Like

Technicaly Lucas films and marvel would not Disney but I do see your point and I know but I think it would be with it for them to do it mabey make them rare like only on contest here and there

Those Heroes only obtainable in Contests? That’s Costume Threads all over again. Of course, Whales will be the one who gets them first…

Both Marvel and Star Wars already have their own collectible battle arena games in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and Marvel Strike Force.

Disney’s taken a stance of distancing their other properties from their main line, to maintain brand integrity, so Mickey Mouse next to Darth Vader is likely to be rare and limited.

Also, EA holds exclusive video game rights for the time being.

3 Likes

The marvel and Star Wars characters won’t be over powered that is like saying elsa would be overpowered compared to jack sparrow they can make the characters how they won’t to make them have strong and weak points

1 Like

This is the case. Don’t know how much longer the exclusive rights are with EA but currently they have the sole right to Star Wars IP in games.

2 Likes

Plz do not ever bring Marvel and Star Wars @Polaris

I don’t think they even have the slightest idea of putting in Marvel or Star Wars in DHBM…

1 Like

Lol like how I asked @Polaris yet everyone turned it into a fight

Not every discussion is a fight. Though that seems a rather presumptuous use of atting a dev. I’m always amazed how flippantly folks do that.

Regardless, even if they did intend to add these things, they probably wouldn’t make sign one any clear answer on a random forum post. It’s poor form to announce something before there’s something to announce.

1 Like

Isnt it, star wars franchise is already bought by disney from lucas film??? So they already have the rights to make star wars toon… unless star wars isnt part of the deal PB made with disney/pixar…

Let’s clear up some issues here first…

1. Isn’t Marvel and Star Wars owned by Marvel Entertainment and Lucasfilm, respectively, who are both owned by Disney? If that’s so, why are players saying that Marvel and Star Wars can’t be added?

sigh. Licensing. PerBlue, as far as I think, struck a deal with Disney/Pixar to allow them to add certain characters, the deal ensures them that they will add no characters outside of their deal, which includes Star Wars and Marvel. If they did add characters that are outside of the deal, Disney/Pixar will file a lawsuit against PerBlue for copyright infringement, which PerBlue doesn’t want because of the possibility of company shutdown and loss of money.

1. Polaris? Where are you? Aren’t you a dev at PB?

First of, I don’t think Polaris is a dev, he’s a Community Manager. End of discussion.

2 Likes

Licensing agreements are seldom “everything we own.”

Marvel studios only recently regained the ability to use Spiderman, who was previously licensed to other hands. The Fantastic Four are in still different hands and can’t be used. They had to pay for every X Man used in Deadpool, because those rights were signed off to still different hands.

As EA holds an exclusive license on Star Wars video games right now, it’s a given that Disney’s deal with PerBlue cannot and does not extend to Star Wars characters.

3 Likes

Or she…

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sorry. But yeah, that too.

Nice way to break a few peoples hearts and dreams.

Just kidding. You do have a point. With lawsuits and all, Perblue won’t wanna get in that

Not to be harsh, but why’d you reopen this thread?

1 Like

Oh gee, I don’t know! Maybe I want to say what I think on this. See what you guys say. Nothing important!

Besides, how’s that supposed to be harsh?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney