Grammatical Error Found

Iā€™m gonna flick that joke out of existence

5 Likes

Note: This is not gramatical errors.
Iā€™m from Indonesia. Iā€™ve found some Indonesian words that got censored when i chat with my Indonesian friends.
The word that i found are : dikit, dong.
Those words are not inappropriate if you translate it. I just found it weird that they censored those words. I donā€™t know if perblue is going to deal with this. Iā€™ll leave it here as a little complaint

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s a lot that can be done about it unfortunately.

Thereā€™s a predefined ā€˜bad words listā€™ which uses words that may be rude in English and other commonly spoken languages - I assume ā€˜dikā€™ and ā€˜dongā€™ are on the list and thus getting censored.

Trying to do some sort of Geolocation lookup to load a different words list for every user based on a language they may or may not be using, not to mention having to create such word lists for each language, and also building in checks to also ban rude words from other languages to avoid that loophole would be a massive task.

They could try to autodetect the language youā€™re typing in and load different word lists that way, but Iā€™m not entirely sure how and that would also need checks to stop people spamming random gibberish and inserting [X Rude Word] in the middle of it.

It may not even be possible to filter the words by language at all, since the checks are probably not done on the client side but server-side when the chat message is submitted.

And if they start removing words from the list because they may be inoffensive in [X Random Language] could quickly turn into a free-for-all and result in rude spam.

Itā€™s just a big can of worms that is soā€¦ wormyā€¦ that I think such edge cases will have to be endured :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hi Friends :grin:. There are 4 word actually : Dikit, Mampus, Hapus & Dong. And I got a message/Mail ā†’ Chat Silenced. Why??? So far, I never received a Chat Silenced in Mail. Also it doesnā€™t include inappropriate words. Then I tried to chat with inappropriate words, but itā€™s not got . Whatā€™s the problem?

Btwā€¦ Weā€™re from server 14 & 23 :hugs:

Iā€™ve tried those word so many times. But somehow, i didnā€™t receive chat silenced. Weirdā€¦

1 Like

lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How does this have anything to do with my post? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

i wanted just the ticket reply here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but didnā€™t want to lose the context

2 Likes

Some of our support agents do not have English as their first language so I donā€™t have any issues if they have grammatical errors in their responses.

10 Likes

I have to agree with Loutre in this one. As long as they are helpful, a few grammar errors is acceptable. I made some myself too, as Iā€™m not English mother tongue either

Villain, not villian.

No " ā€˜ve". Just I.

A bit old, trespassinā€™ . No double s.

8 Likes

Iā€™m not exactly sure how to explain this, but the second one isnā€™t a grammatical error. Itā€™s a certain way of how people talk. That rule applies to Sarah.

Uhhhhā€¦ actually thatĀ“s the only incorrect sentence in that friendship.

Because ā€œweĀ“re gonna need ingredientsā€ is correct and would have otherwise been the only other instance of SarahĀ“s ā€œdumb talkā€ there.

the (before Hen Wen) isnā€™t needed here

3 Likes

dies ā†’ die

4 Likes

Megavolt

Megadolt

Which one is correct, Megavolt or Megadolt?

1 Like

Megavolt is correct butā€¦

Maybe that can be a pun, since ā€œdoltā€ means fool :thinking:

8 Likes

It is.

Everything is ok.
Also it shows how DW influence Hiro.

3 Likes

In existenceā€¦ not together.

Donā€™t think do should be there, unless thatā€™s how Mim talks in the rest of that campaign.

Bottomā€¦ first is its and second is itā€™s. Should be the former in both cases.

youā€™re ā†’ your

what ā†’ wait

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | Ā© Disney