Great Concept Contest: Celebrating 100 Years of Disney [Announcement Post]

It’s me! Hi!

I’m so glad that after all this time I’m back with something interesting in mind. So, we all know that 2023, we celebrated 100 years of Disney. Subsequently, I decided to make a

Great Concept Contest: 100 Years Disney.

This contest will be the biggest event I’ve ever organized here and I hope everything goes as planned. Why is this contest so special? Because, in order to win in this contest, you must make not one, nor two, neither three but FOUR concepts in the only one month. How this will work. There are 4 categories in this contest, each category running for one week of December.

• Category 1: Classic Disney Characters - December 4 - 8 (In this category, we include classic Disney characters from the cartoon movies from the beginning since nowadays, the so-called “Likely” concepts, but only characters from Disney’s Cartoon Movies are allowed.)

• Category 2: Disney • Pixar Characters - December 11 - 15 (Yup, now Pixar enters the contest. Every Pixar movies and shorts characters are allowed.)

• Category 3: Live-Action Disney Characters - December 18 - 22 (In this category, you have to make a concept for a character from a Disney’s Live-Action movie. Originals, Remakes, Marvel, Star-Wars, all live-action movies count.)

• Category 4: Disney Series Characters - December 25 - 29 (This last category is actually a mash-up of the previous categories. Every series, if it’s either Disney cartoon or live-action, Disney Junior, Disney Channel, Disney Plus Original, Marvel Series, Star-Wars series etc. All series are allowed. P.S.: In order to put a character to be allowed to this category, it must be exclusively from a series and never included in a movie. E.g. The Scarlet Witch (WandaVision) can’t be in this category while on the other hand, Agatha Harkness can, cause her only appearance until now was in the series.)

Now, let’s go through the basics, shall we?

JUDGING
cars-doc-hudson
The judges will be everyone. On Saturdays of each week, a poll with the concepts will open for all of you to vote your favorite concept. But, there will be only one winner at the end of the contest. How does this work. Let’s suppose I make one concept for each category.

Concept #1: 56%

Concept #2: 75%

Concept #3: 48%

Concept #4: 66%

Mean Average: 61,25%

The one with the biggest Mean Average wins. If someone doesn’t participate in one or more categories and not all four, his score will be 0% in that category. That’s why I’d suggest you to make concepts for all categories if you want to win.

PARTICIPATION:
f233530e36639da9d55c8eb4ded896f1
In order to participate in the contest you must send in a private direct message the list of the characters you’ll be making concepts for until December 3. Think it through really good, cause once you tell me your characters there is no changing them. Once I see that the characters you want to submit are eligible for each category, I will send you a confirmation message.

SUBMISSIONS:
Pinocchio Entrance
Each week, a new Topic will be created in the Creative Corner, each for one category. The poll will also be in that same topic when the submissions end.

RULES:
tumblr_p1bxs96wSS1thu2vbo4_540

1. Each participant can submit only one concept per category.

2. The concepts must abide forum rules. No swearing or inappropriate things.

3. The concepts must be brand-new. Any concepts previously posted in the forums are not allowed.

4. Each participant has the right to only one vote. No alt accounts are allowed.

5. Accounts voting must be at least one week at the forums.

6. Participant’s CAN’T vote their own concept. If they do, their concept will get disqualified from the category.

FORMAT:
tumblr_n23l2qAJow1trmkp7o1_500
There’s not a specific format for the concepts. The only things that are important is that the characters MUST have a picture, a quote, five skills (white to red) and two friendships (with descriptions of their disks).

I think that’s all! If you have any questions, if you don’t understand something or anything else, you can write down so everyone will know the answer. I’m waiting for your submissions!
5a2cef7eda2690b6803ddd8954ca8ec7
Thank you.
:red_circle::star:

16 Likes

Something that I was wondering about for creating the concepts. When we send the PM to you for our characters for each category, how will we know if one of our characters (ex: Rocket Raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy) hasn’t already been taken by someone else?

2 Likes

Two people can make concept for the same character. :blush:

2 Likes

Can I do platinum mickey?

1 Like

Characters already in the game are not allowed.

2 Likes

Ah, another forum staple has returned. :thinking:

That’s so exciting!

3 Likes

Platinum mickey is not in the game

1 Like

Mickey is though. Other versions of in-game characters are not concluded in the contest.

3 Likes

Ohhhhh… :expressionless: ok, understood

2 Likes

Hello everyone. The submissions will close in a few hours! If you want to participate in the contest, you have one chance left.

3 Likes

Sorry to bother, but the first topic is releasing soon?

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney