Guild contest scoring

Hi!
I have a little issue with the scoring in guild contests, I made a ticket to perblue about it, their staff advised me to also make a post on the feedback corner.
When you look at the objectives on a guild contest, each objective has two counters, an infinite one and a limited one.
(EG:
COLLECT ORANGE BADGES, X / infinite = X points
COLLECT ORANGE BADGES, X / 1000 = X points)
The problem is, a couple people or even ONE person can hog all of the limited objectibe themselves and gain all of those extra points as an individual contribution.
Somebody who farms 100x purple badges in my current contest whilst the limited objective is still active will earn 459,000 points contributed to their guild as an individual.
Somebody who comes online later (after work) when the limited objective is already complete farms 100x purple badges will only earn 138,000 points towards guild as an individual.
There is only 1,000 badges in the limited objective so farming 100 would be 1/10th of the entire guilds limited objective.
In this contest, ONE person took the entire limited objectives to themselves and now they have such an incredible score but others will struggle to reach even half of their score with the same resources, simply because they didnt go all in the first 20 seconds the contest begun!

Are we supposed to share the limited objective?
Well it doesnt matter, because the individual contribution in guild contests isnt very important. Its the entire guilds contribution added together as a whole and WHO gets those extra points on the limited objective doesnt matter. The guild will get the points one way or another and our score is shared but it does matter a little when looking at scores.
High scorers may be tired of their guild not pulling their weight not realising they took all the extra points.
Some trying to ‘catch up’ to the score of someone who took all the limited points will have to spend twice as much, at least.
Do we even need a limited objective in guild contest? Is there a good reason to have it?
I know it gives that initial boost in the contest but is it worth it and can’t there be some solution?
I haven’t heard anything about this before, I have known for a while but only decided bring it up for this contest.
Does anybody agree that this is a little bit of an issue?

3 Likes

Rather good points you bring up

Guild contests need a overhaul tbh removing 4-10 rewards sucked makes little incentive to try anymore cause 4th place gets the same as 30th place. most server have atleast 3 guilds that are head and shoulders above the rest on 21 it’s pretty much same 3 guilds every guild contest no variety at all if their was incentive for 4-10 I feel the top 3 would be challenged more tbh but right now their is no point in really going all out in guild contests cause most guilds have no chance at top 3

2 Likes

Why is this a problem though? It doesn’t matter if one person gets the limited or if 10 people do. As you said individual points don’t matter so why are you complaining?

5 Likes

Hi Hotdog,
As Piglet said, what difference does it make where the points come from? Unless I’m missing something (& apologies if I am) an individual doesn’t seem to get anything extra for their contribution whether it’s a little or a lot.
Like you said though if it’s only one or two people who do most of the heavy lifting then they could get bored quite quickly & move on to another Guild.

1 Like

@Piglet / Borger. Incentive and misleading.

Incentive.
-Why would a player in a guild contest in the same guild bother with going all in if he can’t ever match a friendly competitive with his fellow guildies if he has to spend 2-3x more points
-What is the point of this system if you technically could make the limited portion go away, that wouldn’t equally matter for this discussion ór the contest system in guild contests.
-Reversed and this is the part where it is misleading. As hotdog states;

High scorers may be tired of their guild not pulling their weight not realising they took all the extra points.

I doubt many other players or new players really know how this system works, let alone do the math on it.
So while you may not see why its in issue, its certainly is an issue.
Even if its just for the “psychological” factors.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney