Guild Contests - Give us notice!

I’m making this post not bc of something that happened to me, but bc of what happened to two new members of our guild this contest. Don’t get me wrong, the idea of having guild contests is great. Working together as a group towards a common goal is cool and a good motivator for both stronger and newer players. The problem occurs when perblue fails to mention the stipulations of receiving said rewards. For those of you that dont know, you have to be in a guild 24hrs before they receive the rewards in order to receive them at all. I can understand having some rules like that to keep people from abusing contests by guild hopping. However when perblue got lax on releasing contest information 24 hours before the contest actually begins, it makes rules like that unfair to everyone. How can you penalize people for joining 20 min too late the day before when you don’t announce that it’s going to be a guild contest until 17 hours or so before? You guys used to announce all contests exactly 24 hours beforehand, what happened to that? Don’t take away from our new people because they had no way of knowing that they would be penalized… it’s not fair to them or us as new teammates wanting to see all of our members fairly treated. You guys really need to get it together and notify us about stuff in a timely manner like you used to and tell us about specific rules that might block rewards…I hope you reconsider compensating them for your mistake, because it’s unfair to the community that they suffer for your errors.

3 Likes

Go back and read the post introducing guild contests. This was a rule stated in the introductory post. It is an unfortunate thing though so hopefully they’ll find a fair way to handle that circumstance. Maybe snapshotting the guild roster when the event announcement goes live. That would prevent people from hopping as soon as it’s announced, while also forgiving anyone who had bad timing.

couldnt say it any better myself kira

alot of people do not go on forums so the placement of the rules needs to be brought ingame

They announce patch notes in the announcement chat channel and provide a link to them. If people don’t read them they can’t really blame anyone but themselves for not taking the time to understand the new features that get added.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney