Guild War Feedback Wanted!

Not every guild has that problem, but again thats the point of the mode. The challenge is to get the guild organized and to be strategic.

The point of being in a guild is being in a team. These are the people you will be playing with, working with, talking to. If they don’t communicate, then they aren’t doing anything for the guild anyways.

People want training wheels and changes for anything thats even remotely a challenge. War is a team based activity. A guild should not be able to win because 2 or 3 people can control what everyone else does. Just like any other team activity, you perform well or you don’t based on your teamwork.

Get yourself a solid leadership core, then replace people one by one until you have a strong team.

1 Like

I don’t believe we need another chat clogging up the screens (fix the PM Notifications…) Our war setup and discussions are had offline (Discord) others use Line etc. But you also have a guild leaders chat - Use that for your War strategy… unless you are one of those guilds that promote everyone in a sad act of desperation to beg people to join your guild.

I am actually the war manager in charge of my guild lol. We placed 24th in legendary last season, currently 6th in highest league.

Server 2.

You must be over thinking it. You pick targets, and let your guildies know their own strengths and attack when they can. Idk how much more effort it takes. I set a great defense line and check it weekly.

2 Likes

A huge request (and something often talked about in our guild and with friends who are leaders in other S1 guilds)…
PLEASE add a break between each war.

War days are incredibly taxing and difficult for those leading the strategy and although many in my guild spend a good amount of time in DH daily, we still have lives outside of the game.
Core members of leadership spend a good amount of war days chasing after and/or waiting for guild members to login to make their hits and if they don’t clean sweep - it’s right back to the drawing board to reconfigure, assign next hits, and wait for the next batch of guildies to take their turns.

The novelty / excitement of guild wars has worn off quickly due to the current pace (amongst other issues) and the level of fatigue continues to grow as it’s right back to the grind EVERY. OTHER. DAY.
A break between each war, meaning fewer battles in a month, would be greatly appreciated by many of your most dedicated players!

2 Likes

Fewer battles in a month will mean that many guilds will not get into legendary… :wink:

I would like to see an option to earn a opt out of war without getting penalized. Maybe a perk. I think it would be nice to take a break. Either that or do wars monday thru Saturday and have Sunday off.

2 Likes

You can simply not queue for next war. There is no penalty for that.

1 Like

I was just gonna comment this. If you guys need time off from the was then stop queuing for the next one. It’s that simple

1 Like

Definitely an option I am aware of and if war remains as is - something for guilds who are no longer interested in or need a break will start to consider.

My suggestion is to reduce the amount of wars per month overall to address fatigue/burnout and make war something we look forward to again rather than an every other day chore that it has turned into for many trying to remain competitive.

Obviously I don’t speak for every guild - but have heard feedback from various members of 6-7 guilds in S1 top 25 that would like to see a change.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a short break on sabotage days for people to be able to claim rewards and then be able to switch guilds if they would like to. As it is now they either miss 2 days of dailies or rewards (if they arent in legendary league yet)

3 Likes

What means legendary if 200 guild are there. We won every battle, but 7 is enough

Guys, if you need a break, just do not queue. If your guild is really that competitive, you will get to legendary either way. Also, you have been constantly complaining about how the daily rewards are not worth the effort and how the lack of rewards once you reach legendary is not worth getting involved in the war. So by simply not queuing for it, it solves all your problem.

2 Likes

Thats… really dumb… we should be able to apply a poster to our guild, and whenever a new war starts it should show the guild name and the poster under it. Like anyone is going to go that deep into someone elsee guild info just to view posters. Really lame

OK, me again reposting again (i see you online @polaris) - plenty of us have given feedback here… yet no responses… not even acknowledgement. I still stand by my original statements and still standby the comment that defenders should also be rested - all you see throughout War these days are the same meta teams… and now everyone else is following suit - its going to create the same bottlenecks that we see constantly in Arena and Coli.

So many top heavy teams - Teams with 15 decent heroes - then the rest of their roster is trash. You are not balancing gameplay - all you are going to do is create meta teams… yes of course new heroes come and counters will be made but then they will dominate the landscape.

Not sure you realise the burn out that constant wars create on guilds, day breaks, defence setup breaks, there are many options. Also an option for all guild members to edit their war defence teams. Currently you have to remove members to add a member so they can edit. Then you have to switch them back - not best practice.

1 Like
  1. Fix Snail - delaying them for 5 seconds is meant to help the attacker, but the snailed toon still gains energy while they’re off the screen. So, after 5 seconds, you have a fresh toon that comes in and is ready to destroy the attacker. I don’t think this is how the debuff is meant to be used, but more often than not, it’s better not to use it.

2. Add a toggle option that automatically updates the Guild War defense to match our Coliseum defenses. More often than not, we want these two to match, and it’d be nice to toggle that feature.

Thanks!

1 Like

Ahh you reposted here.

I agree with 1, it somewhat defeats the purpose of the sabotage.

However, I’m not a fan of 2 at all. As long as the toggle option is ‘off’ as default I’ll be ok with it. I am not interested in an auto team match here at all.

1 Like

As for point number 1 I use the snail sabotage on maybe four of the characters. This allows me to quickly eliminate one that would be a potential threat (violet,moana,calhoun,etc) then the others come on without thei r partner. Idk if that is how it is supposed to be used but that is how i have used it.

Point two is interesting anf o can definitly see how some people would want it but i feel kinda indifferent about it.

I’m loving the look of these quality-of-life updates coming to GWs but am worried that the warning, when attacking unmarked cars, still may not be enough.

My suggestion is that the guild leader should be able to block their own guild from attacking at least 1 car on the enemy team; at least.

My thought is that you choose the car maybe during the sabotage phase. This would be optional. To block a car would be wasting any sabotages your ppl put on it AND would stop you from taking that car later, so there’s a bit of strategy needed for the potential use and placement of the block. The positives to this are that your guild can’t waste any attacks, during the attack phase, on that 1 blocked car.

Just a thought as it would give the leader a little more control over the use of power, which seems to be the point of these updates

1 Like

Good idea, you can only attack and sabotage tbe selected car

Need to reduce the points per perk on car 9. No car should be worth so much.

The MMR system is terrible. We’d never lost a war and beat the guild that just beat us once this season already, yet somehow they took first.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney