Guild Wars - Why has MMR issue not been resolved and how to fix for all

I have been reviewing the abundance of complaints about match making in Guild Wars and the problems mamy Guilds face when constantly pitted against far more powerful Guilds again and again.

Which begs the question…Why have developers not addressed this?

The only answer I can think off is that they are not sure what to do.

I have no doubt that they want to fix this, but what they will also want to ensure is that fixing it for some doesn’t ruin it for others. Smaller / Lower ranked Guilds should still be able to reach challenger, but larger more powerful Guilds shouldn’t be stuck several tiers behind far weaker Guilds.

So I want to set out what I perceive the issues to be, my preferred solution and most importantly invite everyone who has a constructive view be it on the problems or the solutions to add there voice to this. Hopefully, the developers will be able to wade through this and come up with a solution that strikes the right balance.

BELOW HERE MY VIEW ONLY

The Problem

Put simply MMR alone is inadequate for match making and some people are constantly facing the same unbeatable opponents again and again.

I recently moved from a circa 50 guild to rank 7ish. My previous guild always hit legendary, suprisingly my new Guild finds this much harder. The reason is they keep getting placed against top 5 and there is a gulf between them in power. It seems bizzare that weaker guilds can hit legendary long before a top 10 guild. Take these screen shots as an example. Currently the following are sitting in legendary.

Old School Way ranked 1282… is in legendary., whilst our guild ranked 7th is stuck in silver because we struggle (can’t?) beat the top 5. Something is clearly wrong here.

People have posted about tweaks to MMR, or making it so you cant fight the same Guild twice in a season, bracketing and so on. But to my mind the only solution that can resolve the problem, without blocking the progress of lower ranked Guilds is to limit matchmaking to those sitting in the same tier. MMR doesn’t really need changing its just not enough by itself. It seems ridiculous that you can be sitting in silver and pitted against a legendary team. This would resolve that.

So please post you views here.

1 Like

I think over time the mmr will level out , just needs a few twicks in the system, my guild are against top rank in the world on server 21 and we we are rank 35 , we have been up against harder people then low people , when war first came out we were against one person guild, everyone assumed it was a bot guild ,

Have a look above… there is more to this than calculating MMR. Our guild is ranked 7th ish so its expected that we will fight all the top Guilds which is fine, but not just the top Guilds again and again… thats pointless.

1 Like

Unfortunately being ranked 7-10 is the worst place to be. The war matchups reset after 7 wars. So being the 7th ranked guild means you’ll mainly face the top 6 on repeat with a lower guild thrown in every 7th war. It used to be set to reset after only 3 wars and that unfairly hit the guilds in the 3-5 range.

1 Like

Yeah we just keep getting matched againt top guilds with high lvl players we cant even defeat.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney