Gyro Gearloose Hero Concept

My inventions aren’t really evil, they are just WILDY MISUNDERSTOOD

:star: :star:
Frontline Control

Description: This scientist knows how to make cloning machines and is very smart at science.

Trail Team: Red

Animations

Entrance: Comes in taking notes then crumbles the notes and gets ready to battle.
Victory: Shrugs with a smile.
Defeat: Crosses his arms angry.
Basic Attack: Punches an enemy.

Skills

White Skill: Little Bulb Call (similar to Hiro’s white skill)
:fist: Normal Damage
Gyro calls Little Bulb to attack. Little Bulb appears behind the back-most enemy and stuns them for 7 seconds, dealing X damage.

Green Skill: Science Study
Gyro takes a close look at the nearest enemies and studies them for 10 seconds. Studied enemies get their movement and attack speed reduced by 40%.

The movement and attack speed reduction have a chance to fail against enemies over level X.

Blue Skill: Money Trap
:fist: Normal Damage
Gyro throws a money bag into the middle of the battle field. Enemies near the money bag will be charmed. When they get near it, the enemies will be stunned for 6 seconds. After the stun, the money bag will disappear.

Purple Skill: Smart Scientist
Gyro has a 65% chance to dodge basic attacks and skills.

Red Skill: Invention Genius
“Little Bulb Call” now saps enemies. Enemies who are slowed by “Science Study” now get their armor reduced by 70% during the study. Gyro will also be immune to disables.

The immunity has a chance to fail against enemies over level X.

Additional Stat Boosts:
+X Armor
+X Reality
+X Damage from “Money Trap”

Friendships

Gyro Gearloose and Gizmoduck
Gatling Gadgets
Allies: Ralph, Scrooge McDuck, WALL-E

• Tank role allies take 90% less damage
  • “Money Trap” now removes all buffs from enemies
  • +X Skill Power

Gyro Gearloose and Hiro Hamada
Bot Business
Allies: Baymax, Tron, EVE

• “Science Study” now removes energy and gives it to Gyro and allies
  • +X Max HP
  • +X Basic Damage

7 Likes

If this is similar to Hiro’s skill, how long does his robot stay in the battlefield?

Attack speed or movement speed? And how much?

They both make him invincible so his friendship disc with Gizmoduck seems useless

And also needs a better friendship disc for Hiro

But this is a great first concept :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks! I know Gizmo’s disk does sound useless but I’ll make it better.

2 Likes

What does this bot look like?

That is really the only thing I am confused about. I also agree with @LetsGetDangerousBro’s points. The concept is pretty good. I am confident the more you do them, the better you will become.

2 Likes

This is what his bot looks like. He’s on the side.

2 Likes

Now I know the bot you are talking about. I love Little Bulb.

3 Likes

I didn’t knew what his name was. But he is pretty cool.

2 Likes

Good concept, but I also agree with @LetsGetDangerousBro. Gyro is actually one of my favorite ducktales characters. I would have gone with: “ Yes I’m sure this invention won’t turn evil like the rest of my inventions. “ for the quote. Considering he is known for evil inventions.

4 Likes

I’ve edited the concept. Is it better now?

2 Likes

Yes, since things are more clear. If you ever need help with a concept in the future, feel free to ask me!

2 Likes

Thank you @Imagineer_V!

3 Likes

Lemme put my input in this.

COMMENTS ON THE “COSMETIC” SECTION OF THE CONCEPT

This includes quotes, bio/description, entrance, victory, K.O., and basic attack

I’d be a bit more specific and be a bit less “!!!”-y

I’d make the quote more specific to Little Bulb or Gyro himself, because 2-BO (B.O.Y.D.) isn’t in the skillset.

I thought the white skill summoned Lil’ Bulb. So I’d remove the “with Little Bulb” part.

SKILLSET, ANIMATIONS, AND FRIENDSHIPS

Title should be self-explanatory

How many Little Bulbs can there be at a time? (I’d say 1)

I don’t think Little Bulb can control the weather.

If Gyro can only have one Little Bulb, this skill is useless. Gyro has the ability to reuse his active before Bulb reaches 50% of their Max HP

If Gyro can have multiple Bulbs, then it is OP.

And anyways, the skillset needs a little bit more Gyro animations. I’d want you to look at Hiro’s skillset so you can see what I mean.

You mean that he heals X HP per second. The wording makes it sound like it’s instant.

This isn’t Hiro and his bots, this is Gyro and Little Bulb.

The invincibility length is a bit too OP

Overall, I don’t really like the skillset. Gyro hardly seems like a control hero. There is only one skill that disables enemies, and the rest of the skillset only takes care of durability. Which is pretty imbalanced and lame. You could add some more disables in Gyro’s skillset, like in the white skill and/or blue skill.

1 Like

I am glad you gave them more specific feedback @Filadae_Djaq. I did consider doing that, but for a first concept it is pretty good. Since it is their first concept, maybe try to be less harsh? I know if I got feedback in this manner on my first concept I would be very discouraged to continue to make them. Keep making concepts @ScroogeMcValentine and you will improve.

1 Like

I really like this concept but I think the quote should be from the Astro Boyd episode when he say “my inventions aren’t evil they are just WILDLY MISUNDERSTOOD”!!!

3 Likes

Good point. I just figured out that. I’ll change it then.

2 Likes

This is a great first concept! I really liked it.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Please do not revive dead topics as many people find it annoying. I hope you understand and have fun here.

2 Likes

Sorry for the revive, but I just remastered this concept.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney