Heist: changes needed

Dear developers of DHBM,

In the games chat, but also on the forums i noticed that Heist is not one of the more popular modes in the game. I play heist every day, and the pleasure of it does really depend on wheter the other players also understand how to play it.

The three most annoying things that can happen are:

• A thief is caught at a diamond, and someone starts the fight right away
  • A hero guarding a diamond is called upon for a fight
  • The fight of the hideout is started before all white cirkels are done (hard heist and above especially).

I have some suggestions to improve the situation, so i hope you could look at this:

Add a setting in the making of heist where you can choose to not enable heroes guarding diamonds to be pulled into a fight

Add a setting where you can assign who can start fights (thief, hideout). That is a thing that needs to be done in the lobby or when playing.
In that case you could talk about it to someone. If a person would understand it, or you would not be able to communicate they could not make the heist a mess.

Aditionally to this, i think there should be a kind of tutorial made, where people learn the importance of guarding diamonds, looking for clues, etc.

With this changes i hope to create more fun in heist for more people!

8 Likes

I just hope they can make heist into 2 type: full and rush. The gameplay is still the same but you can only fight hideout when reaching all circle in full heist, while you can do it any time in rush. That way, we dont need to tell others which kind of heist we are playing and hoping they will do the same

3 Likes

@Yunno That’s a great idea too for fixing the problem of someone starting the hideout fight too early!

1 Like

I like the feedback that these players saying above, but I think the reason why people don’t hiest a lot (I like hiesting myself) is because like everywhere else the means don’t meet the rewards. People do rush bc they only care about the limited shield points more then hiest coins or just to finish daily quest. I think if want to increase hiesters (or any mode for that matter) , the means got to be more proportional to the reward/leveling up expectations. Maybe if the shield points was enough to increase a toon disk at high level (which before current update In making is like 5900 while hiest is 4K on shocking) maybe people would hiest more. Kind of like doesn’t make sense For coli/arena stores with guild perks is like 490 game mode coins, but u only get like 200 a day (this doesn’t Even include the expensive exclusive Event crates). My opinion at least.

That’s is not good suggestions at all and refused
Why don’t you play it alone and have fun

Or invite onlt ppl who play your own way

Lol

The good suggestion can be: add option to alliw me leave ‘quit’ started heist anytime especially there are lot of ppl who started heist goes offline after everyone joined

2 Likes

Heist takes ages and doesn’t give good rewards if you play alone, and playing with other people usually sucks because about 30% of players were dropped when they were little. Playing with guildmates only works if you’re in a very active guild where everyone is in the same time zone.

I think public Heist could be bearable with a few small QoL improvements, though.

• Whenever a player starts a fight, the “Fighting
” text that appears for other players is changed to “[User] is fighting
” so that the leader of the Heist is better informed of who to kick if someone starts being obnoxious.

• An option to turn off the ability to call Heroes that are guarding valuables. This is an unofficial rule at this point, I’m honestly surprised that PB hasn’t added it yet. It needs to be added!

• An option to only allow players to start fights that their own heroes discovered. I can see why some might not want to use it, but I’ve made it a rule in every Heist I run and having the ability to toggle it on instead of posting it in the chat (where it may get lost) would be fantastic.

• Adjust the bonus for each fight (+3 tokens per fight, up to 100 fights) so it’s actually possible to hit the max in under 30 minutes. +12 tokens a fight up to 25 fights would be ideal, but +6 tokens a fight up to 50 fights would be an acceptable compromise.

These four changes would be enough to get me back into Heisting. A solo mode would be cool too, but I don’t have any ideas for that right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ProtectorSimba

The thing is that this mode can’t be done alone (5 heroes, 10 diamonds to guard already doesn’t) add up

And i wouldn’t want that anyway, because i have been in plenty heists that worked out, because all of the players kept some rules in mind. The goal of this topic was start discussing improvements so that more people could enjoy that great piece of corporation

Those are good starting points, but there are issues to consider with them as well:

There are rare occasions where it makes sense to pull a guard: if you’re going to lose a thief fight on a diamond and can win it with a hero that’s currently guarding a nearby diamond, it’s probably worthwhile to pull that guard. Just make sure others know what’s happened ASAP so someone can cover that diamond. I would be OK with a rule that guards could only be pulled for fights on diamonds or at the hideout.

The problem with assigning who starts a fight is that sometimes the person assigned to start it isn’t available when it’s time to start it. Maybe allow only the assigned person to start it during the first 40 seconds of the timer, then it’s anyone’s game.

There is a tutorial, but it’s extremely basic. Adding a few strategy tips would probably be a good thing, particularly emphasizing the benefits of waiting for reinforcements and the importance of having fantastic damage in a fight.

This is a good start, and I’m glad someone’s talking about it rather than going “lol only heist with your guild” or “lol I just start a heist and ghost as soon as I get a couple of suckers”.

Thanks for your suggestions! I obviously like the second idea (since that was also in my top post above, but i also like your first suggestion very much. That gives at least the knowlegde who is ruining the heist that moment. Most of the time if that happens it is only one person, so in this way they could be traced and kicked.

On the third and fourth suggestion i do have some question though.

in the third one you suggest players to start fights their heroes discovered. What do you mean precisely? Accomplices and ambuches are for players only already, and when fighting the thief at the diamonds, cooperation is most of the time needed. If someone whose hero guarding already started Before the help arrived it could go wrong. So please specify that suggestion.

I also don’t really understand the fourth one. I know there are heist tokens to be won with hero fights, and most of the time i obtain the least there. Do i understand correctly that there is amaximum to be gained? Is that one of 300? And do i than correctly assume that you suggest more tokens per fight, so that it is more possible to get tot that maxiumum?

1 Like

That first bullet point is the #1 change I want implemented in heists, the sooner the better. It gives the heist’s host useful information without forcing a course of action on them, which is the best type of change, IMHO.

The bonus adjustment looks good too; to be honest, right now the bonus is low enough that I don’t bother trying to get the full amount, and would rather just start another heist if I really need the coins.

1 Like

I play heists alone the highest one ‘Shocking’ without any problem or with one or two friends

I mean that if a hero spots the thief or finds the hideout, only the player they belong to can start the fight. It’s a way to enforce the first bullet point without kicking anyone. :slight_smile:

For every fight you win (ambushes, accomplishes, thief, etc.) you receive 3 more tokens at the end of the Heist. But since it takes an eternity to reach the maximum amount of tokens with 100 fights, I was suggesting for it to be adjusted so it gives the same amount of tokens for less fights. It’s hard to reach even 50 fights when playing with a full group, so having the max at 100 is ridiculous.

It’s not 100 fights though. 3 tokens from each character. If you use all five characters that’s 15 tokens per fight. Therefore you only need to do 20 fights before you’ve hit the 300 limit. Basic math.

Do you have a screenshot where you can prove this? I’m 99% sure it’s 3 per fight, period. Giving 3 per character makes no sense.

Also: off-duty heroes should be removed. It’s stupid and makes Heist unplayable on certain days.

Yes remove off duties, all for that.

1 Like

If not remove, at least greatly reduce the number of off-duty heroes. There are times I have trouble finding 3 heroes who can do decent fantastic damage if I’m the 4th or 5th person to join a heist.

We need to be able to leave a heist if people stop helping. If we can be booted from a heist then we should be able to leave one too. I hate giving people free rides

1 Like

Just an idea.
If the information from POI shows the direction to follow thieves, Heist becomes more tactical?

Isn’t Heist in way already tactical? The tactic to get as much tokens as possible.

I however think i get what you mean. Really chasing a thief. The thing is, that the idea is that it is a slippery thief that gets away mostly unseen. So I wonder whether the game would still make sence story/concept-wise

Dont need to screen shot it. It’s in the in game rules. Just read them next time you click on heist and scroll to the end where it tells you about scoring.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney