Heist originator leaves mid heist

Do others have heists, where the person who started the heist just goes off line? I know they are probably mostly guarding gems but I feel if they art going to start a heist they should not just leave. There has been some legitimate cases when the leader had internet issues bur was back in 2 minutes … is there a way to make it so there is some consequences for this?

6 Likes

It’s a new way of abusing the system.

Before, AFKers joined a Heist, then leave.
Now, they initiate a Heist, then leave, and let others join. They can’t leave so they either have to win or throw away the Heist.

1 Like

I don’t think so. The host can’t be kicked and perblue probably doesn’t have a way to track that. Sucks cause that’s what she AFK have resorted to with the new in-game kick feature.

There’s really no “perfect” kicking system because people will always find a way to get around it and abuse it.

Afks, yeah. People who play to genuinely play have no issues. The problem was AFK and people who don’t follow the rules the host set for their heist. Kicking kinda sorta solved the main AFK issue but now it’s opened a whole new can of problems. There won’t ever be a solution as long as reward leeches exist. Although I do think there should be a “leave” button so we can leave if we get stuck in an AFK heist.

4 Likes

I disagree. Maybe slightly, but they wont be able to avoid it forever. I feel like a credibility score would still work wonders.

2 Likes

I’ve read elsewhere on the forums that there show be name tags on things like the ambushes and boss battles; to see who potentially is responsible of things go ‘sideways.’

Also wondering if there should be, potentially, a feature that auto locks if the creator has been ‘away’ for too long. Then it takes whoever joined second, and promotes them to the lead position?

Potential but still flawed solution I know, but still…

1 Like

It would be nice for the leader to be kicked by automatically by the game after 5 minutes of inactivity. This gives the leader plenty of time to get back if ther was a glitch but I stopped doing heists all together for a little while because every heist I did the leader would disappear …started again recently and having better results ,… but when the leader does not even have the courtesy to at least guard gems it’s annoying

1 Like

Leave button excellent idea

I am getting sick of this nonsense. If a play doesn’t act after a certain period, they should be automatically removed like in any other multiplayer game. Every heist I join now has 2 orv3 people,not participating.

My biggest complaint in this game, after opening dozens of diamond crates and not getting the latest hero chips because there are too many old characters spoiling the odds.

They need to make a design change that many other games use. If the leader leaves, someone else becomes the leader. If that dot in the left goes away…so should the player. People are now blatantly cheating now. The moment two other people join, they stop playing and don’t even have the decency to land on gems first.

It’s abuse. It’s cheating. It’s unfair. And if it doesn’t stop, I’m done with this game.

Inactivity > 5min should be a kick. If it is the host, most active player should be promoted to host. Inactivity more than 30% of total game time = no rewards. And for more fun, participation should cost diamonds which would be refunded only if player was active. I regularly run into a game with 3 idlers.

these ideas would be useful but PB would have to take into account the crashing that can occur mid heist as long as the player does not get a disadvantage because of crashing which is on PB then it would be ok

That should be easy to handle as the game should “know” that it crashed. Another problem could be in unstable internet, but I don’t think it is a big problem these days.

unstable internet is still an issue and crashing does not help either especially since PB’s fail safes do not work at all

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney