Heist Solutions

So yes there are many people within this forum that made a topic for this. Iam making thus one to hopefully help people discuss heist solutions better.

I will mention the most common heist
Solution ideas, then mention why people are against them. Finally, I will mention my personal idea for a solution then I will create a poll. My hope is that @Polaris can pass these ideals on to the game developers to hopefully help fix heist.

First Solution: Voting system.

This way helps to take away power of the heist creator. It would prevent AFKs from starting heists and then leaving, and would help give a voice to all players participating.

The problem with this idea is that, since three is a majority, three guild people could join the heist and kick the other two and thus take over the heist. Other problems include scenarios where there are to many afks or someone refuses to vote for a specific person. this strategy would not help those who wish to kick the people who pull heroes from diamonds and instantly start fights unless it mentions who started the fight.

Second Solution: Auto Kick

This would definitely eliminate all afks within the heist itself. However, some players have said that they willingly play with afk friends who guard diamonds.

Others claim that real emergencies come up or that they have a bad connection and thus, they cannot be on the heist and do not deserve punishment.

Third Solution: Banning/Blacklist

Some people want afks to be permanently banned from participating in a heist. Also they would like a blacklist mentioning known afks.

This is a very agressive strategy that could cause large amounts of quitting if added.

My solution: Credibility score

(Idea from Arena of Valor)

If a heist member goes AFK, says rude things, starts fights without waitng (assuming the feature was added to mention their name), or something else,then they can be reported much like a chat report.

This can be investigated by real employees who decide if the person is responsible or not.

If they are not, nothing happens same for chats.

If they are, they get deducted from their credibility score say -5. If this score drops below a certain amount, different things happen to punish that player.

Maximum possible score is 50.

30 or below, Person receives half the heist rewards and is not granted the completion of the quest to complete one heist.

10 or below, Person receives no heist rewards and is not given a daily heist ticket for free.

5 or less, player is banned from participating in heists for X amount of days. At the end of this period, they will gain 11 credibilty score total.

Every successful heist participation awards 2 points for credibility score until it is maxed.

And to make it easy to determine, every person that enters your heist, will have a marker.

Gold: Credibility score is 50

Silver: 49-41

Blue: 40-31

Green: 30-11

Yellow: 10-6

Red: This is someone who was just unbanned and thus has a credibility score of 11.

The disadvantages are not for me to say please tell me if yoy dislike my idea and why. I do understand it would take a lot to be implemented.

Now for the poll.

• Black list/Banning
  • Voting system
  • Auto Kick
  • Credibilty Score

0 voters

4 Likes

Love the idea of a vote to take away power from heist leader and the need of a log of who clicks fight can’t be stressed enough.

There are still problems where if everyone but you is afk on heists then what would be the resolution for that?

1 Like

I like the idea of a credibility score, and that it rewards good behavior and cooperation along with participation. It would be nice if a gold player gets extra rewards, maybe a 20% increase, silver gets the regular rewards and those lower will get less.

In my opinion, if you leave heist because of an emergency and it’s out of your control then you should still be held accountable for not participating because it is not fair for the 4 other players. There is no way to tell between an emergency and intentional AFK unfortunately. Nothing is perfect, but I like what you came up with.

1 Like

I have never once kicked people out of my heists to bring in guild members. If they didn’t get there in time, then we would do another. The automatically kicking wouldn’t be to fair to some either when some are invited, may be busy so ask to cover and then go AFK. As long as it is known that you need to go AFK, it wouldn’t be a problem. But automatically kicking wouldn’t be fair to the guilds or friends that do this. I wish after the heist started we had a chance to leave on our own. I HATE joining a heist, owner leaves WITHOUT covering and then I’m stuck. I see a lot about people being kicked out of heists for others to bring in guildsmates. I, personally, only join heists that I know the people to prevent that. If you’re on server 8 and ever want to heist, I’m always down to do one! :slight_smile:

Funny, I am on server 8 have we ever heisted together before???

What is your game name? Possibly if you do any Very Hards. That’s all I do until we get an increase. :joy:

Hypothetically your idea is nice overall, but unfortunately not much difference from the blacklist/ban. Sure, players would have to behave themselves during heists, even the host I hear some much about cause afk or severe kicking but ban is to harsh, even tho their horrible players. Getting less rewards is the way to go in your idea.

Best option for me goes for blacklist only (no bans). This would turn blacklisted players dot in red so you always know who to join/kick. Reason for this, I like to give all players a second chance to clear their reputation in my opinion.
Since I always make my own heists I’ve got almost 0 issues of this sort. Not always perfect runs since some go afk or inexperienced players may come along, but they can learn from their mistakes and kick the afkers.

Also I’ve seen players requesting for ambushes or any battle engagement to label the player’s name, which I agree. So I can either warn the player directly or putting them in the blacklist.

My idea would give them another chance, but they would get punished first. If you calculate it, based on my idea a player would have to mess up in 9 consecutive heists… If they do then do they not deserve a temporary ban??

I like the credibility score idea, but that does bring something to mind for me.

That is the idea, in my mind, of how prompt or not the person in control of the submitted issues is.

If they’re ‘on top of things,’ so to speak, wonderful. If not, how long until their score properly reflects their behaviors?

Not possible for me to answer… But since they do not work on weekenda, I would say most likely, three days a t the most…

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney