Hero Power-Ups - February 14-21

Gonna leave it here…

No spotlight after update? :no_mouth: @Polaris

The bug that caused hero spotlight sparring to crash after the 1.15.4 update is still live. Will be fixed in 1.16.

1 Like

@Polaris When is the event for Gerald? Is it today?

I guess it’s impossible to give everyone 10 hero chips for Nemo to able to see them in action early…
But could be possible to add Nemo in next spotlight, next week?

3 Likes

I have not personally found an increase at all. I no longer use these powerups. I did try it again recently to see if it has changed. I know the boost shouldn’t make them overpowered, but the powerup should at least be a noticeable difference.

I make use of these power up events by focusing them on city watch. Heroes like yzma are difficult to use without using heroes like randall to save the day. As a player who are limited to my hero choices because better city watch heroes like randall, hook, rapunzel have their red skill maxed. I am trying to not use them. The power boost last time with launchpad keeps him alive than dying.

1 Like

Same thoughts as @Musketeer and @TherMasterStitch as well.

Does this really need to be an event? Can’t it be a one week rotation thing to always look out for?

3 Likes

The way it’s designed now, I find it ineffective and most people ignore it. If it had more practical applications on a regular basis, then maybe people might be excited to use it in their play style.

1 Like
  1. I look to see if it’s characters I’d use.

2. I used the super charged for the first few times when they came out. But I never use it anymore and I don’t notice any difference.

3. if they tied the supercharged characters to more relevant events or if it lasted the whole day.

I’ve always thought the following two features would be awesome for a Power Up event like this:

• Possibility to equip 2 Friendship Disks
  • Reduced skill cool downs

To see if I even use the heroes featured.

Not usually; it doesn’t seem to have a very strong effect unless we’re talking about my low-level neglected heroes. Generally those heroes are neglected for a reason, so unless I specifically need that hero for something (a good example as others have noted is a friendship campaign stage), I don’t generally worry about activating them.

Idea #1: give us ten heroes to choose from, and allow us to select five at every activation, to be the power-ups for the day. Idea #2: Allow us to power up 5 heroes 1x, or choose one hero to power up 5x. Idea #3: if you designate older heroes, give them enough power-up to be competitive with the newest released heroes. Idea #4: give them different bonuses than just power; for example, using this hero manually in campaign fights gives a 50% chance for 2x badge bits, or using that hero manually in Creep Surge gives a 50% chance for 2x gold, or using this other hero in Heist gives a 50% chance for them to sprint even if they don’t have energy.

2 Likes
  • What do you look for in power-up events?
    I look for the chance of happen to be doing their friendship campaigns

• Do you find them useful?
    At their current state not at all, specially because they do not apply to Invasion, like sure having power up Villains on a Villains Special Invasion and it NOT being effective on Invasion? Whats even the point?

• What would make them better?
    Make them permanently active over the “event duration” not having to “activate” it manually, and specially not only for a limited duration of time, along working on ALL game modes, this would make them useful on DEFENSE as well, like what is the point of say PoweringUp my heroes, being able to beat someone in arena but then get beaten easily because I fight Supercharged but I defend at normal stats?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney