Hero Skills and Friendship Disk Refresh (More Please)

Hello DBH community.

Today, I want to discuss the Original Heroes of DBH and how their hero skills (along with their Friendship Disks) are overshadowed by newer heroes such as Bo Peep, Duke Caboom, and Ducky and Bunny.

When PerBlue initiated certain “Refreshes” for a few characters, I was ecstatic. Certain heroes like Chief Bogo, Hiro Hamada, Maui, Merida, and Jack Sparrow (to name a few) were given refreshes in order to give these certain heroes a “boost” in their playability in certain events. It allowed for more solid game play (strategizing who to use for certain in-game events, better game dynamics because it meant people were using different heroes compared to what you would see in places like the Arena where one could just see an “Olaf inspired freeze team” which made game play rather one-sided and uninteresting.

As time went by, we started seeing more powerful heroes roll by. I was saddened how newer heroes have way higher base stats, and boast Friendship disks that allow for multiple effects, compared to older heroes. Don’t forget how some heroes were purposefully lowered in their skills (i.e. “nerfed”) because many in turned community saw those heroes as having an unfair advantage in game play, whether is was as enemies, or PvP events such as Coliseum or Arena. I know many players have clamored for more refreshes of certain heroes (Yax, Fix-It Felix, Jessie, etc.). Some friendship disks also can’t compete with newer heroes. How is it that Dash has a friendship disk that ONLY takes away 2 energy points per hit, when you have heroes that can amass way more energy (like Merlin, Stitch, Wall-E, etc).

So DBH community: What do you think will make game more engaging: For F2P (free to play) players? For P2P (pay to play) players?

Would you be willing to sacrifice the release of new heroes, in order to address the issue of original heroes not having the same usefulness as new heroes? Does this hinder game playability?

1 Like

I would always give 90% support on Hero Refreshes and 10% on New Heroes.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney