How do you make good teams?

How do you build better teams? I usually use whatever one seems to work right but, they feel kind of bad sometimes. Any tips on making strategic teams?

Go to arena and start copying the high ranking teams.

1 Like

Smart. Might as well try that. :joy:

2 Likes

That is NOT the most efficient way to build teams. It is depending on the rules, your league, and the heroes of the opposing team. The most basic you could use is something like this:

• 2 Support (1 offensive and 1 defensive)
  • 1 Tank (that does damage whilst support the team)
  • 1 Damage (One that you can build the team off of. Any damage can work, as long as you have the right team to support it.)
  • 1 control (to give debuffs and do damage)

I would also consider what you are going up against. For example, if you are going up a hero that gives high skill power to its teammates, then use a hero on your team that reduces enemy skill power.

I would also look into using heroes that compliment eachother. For example, if one of you heroes has a skill like “any time an enemy gets stunned, they lose X SP,” then try to find a hero or two that stun.

It is very hard to figure out the right team at first, but once you understand and play around, you will start getting the hang of it.

That might have worked in 2018, but it ain’t 2018 no more.

The new roles are: Speed, Burst DPS, Buff Removal, Defense Wall, Stat Buffer.

This means a top-shelf team would be something like Jake, Negaduck, Jim, Shang, and Felix.

2 Likes

Well, that is a good thought, but I just went with my guts and did a team that not only I thought was cool, but also one that did a lot of damage. The team I use is: Pacha, Little John, Jake Long, Mother Gothel and Mayor Bellweather. (Note: all of the heroes I mentioned are around level 140 to 145 and red +3 and red +4 ranks, results of you using this team at lower levels may vary.) Its a good team but Mayor Bellweather just cranks the speed up from 1x to like 15x speeds, especially on Jake Long. So, if your making a team, at least level up and use Mayor Bellweather because they make a good support hero, while also speeding up you’re team like crazy.

1 Like

I didn’t say this was perfect, and like I said, it has to be changed depending on opposing heroes, rules, ect… @Zelkiiro

Damage is not always the focus of the game. By the levels of you heroes, I can see that you are not in challenger leagues yet.

Bellwether isn’t good. Her white skill makes it so you can never KO the enemies if you have the battle on Auto, which is how it always is in arena/coli. You should probably have at LEAST 1 support to keep your team alive for longer. I suggest using Jim Hawkins, Joy, or Li Shang.

I don’t understand what you mean by “new” roles. Yes, there are side characteristics of heroes, but the roles are explaining what the overall use of the character is. No character has ONLY Buff Removal or Speed…

When it comes to my team,I just use anything that is at like a high yellow or is good in general

Team 1:Phoebus,Baymax,Chef Skinner,Felix and Jim Hawkins

Team 2:Phoebus, Felix,Zeus,Wasabi and Jim Hawkins

That’s what I only use,anyone else is either stuck at red ten or just don’t use them in my main team

Luckily, you have leveled up to Yellow a good team :joy: :joy:

I’m still think about a good team but my heroes are either at R1-9,R10-Y0 or higher yellows and I might need help building a good team

Think you can help Morast?

1 Like

OK, you don’t have to call me out like that. Besides, my team goes just fine without a healer, and when things get rough, all the enemy’s die anyway so I don’t know what the problem is. Besides, if I need a healer, I can just use someone like Goofy for the levels in the campaign I need a healer for, and then test the next level with my normal team.

Also this is plain wrong. She makes my hero’s go a bit too fast if I’m honest, and by the time the enemy’s appear, she just makes my hero’s defeat them in like 2 seconds flat. Also, I mainly leveled up her green skill, probably because of the fact it said its the skill that makes my hero’s go faster. Also, with the arena problem, the speeds solve itself, and if I need a healer, like I said, I would bring in someone like Goofy.

1 Like

Sorry if that came across wrong. I didn’t mean to call you out. I was just trying to make the point that there are many todo aspects of team building.

Everyone has their preference to building teams, but I suggest, and you don’t need to do this, but to build better teams, you could put a support character in. That way, if you get into a trouble spot, that character can heal your way out of anything.

I can see where you are coming from. Yes, she is good for dealing damage, but her White skill makes the enemies go berserk. And as she gains speed, she gains energy faster and faster. If she keeps using her white skill, then the enemies will never get KO’d.

1 Like

Don’t worry, you’re fine, it happens. I was not very offended either, in my head I just thought: “Well, he has a good point to be honest, but…” and that was that. Also, I do sometimes focus on mainly damage so that’s why I said you called me out.

Like I said, for times when I need a healer, I could bring people like Goofy. But I do see where you’re coming from. Before I had Jake Long, I had Baymax instead, and there was a level in the campaign I physically could not beat because Ralph got too powerful too quick. But instead of adding a healer, I knew Mayor Bellweather and Jake Long made a great pair, because she speeds him up like crazy, and Jake Long gets powerful quick, just like Ralph, so I used Jake Long and beat it as soon as I added him!

Wait, it does? I actually did not know that. I’m the type of person who does not look into things, but if a skill says something I like, I go all in on that skill. Like I thought Mayor Bellweather was trash too, so I looked through the skills. I just saw her green skill say it speeds up hero’s, and at that moment, I jut thought: “YES, SPEED! THIS PAIRED WITH THE HIGH DAMAGE UNITS I HAVE WILL GO AMAZINGLY!”, so I went with her, and she does help a lot. Besides, like I said, I mainly leveled up the green skill, not the white, so my hero’s can kill the enemies before her white skill even goes off, and if it does, she already boosted my hero’s to the point where the berserk basically does nothing for the enemies.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney