How is ShanYu spamming his arrow salvo?

Wave 1/3:

Each time I have fought this group, ShanYu launches 3 consquetive arrow salvos without pausing.

How to stop him from one-shotting the team?
If I could take him out in the first few seconds of the battle, the others would be easy to defeat.

Don’t use shields if you’re using them
That’s all

6 Likes

Any Shield is just free energy to feed Shan Yu. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Alternatively: Shank. Just reduce Shan Yu’s damage to 0.

3 Likes

Tried using Shank, I’m guessing she wasn’t upgraded enough to take him out.

Bolt will sap energy enough to prevent white skill use, but he doesn’t seem to work here.

Triton works well against him, but literally don’t have the resources to upgrade him or anyone else for that matter.

What makes it even more futile is that I was upgrading EVE’s skills specfically for this battle, but since she uses shields, now I can’t use her! :woman_facepalming: :sob:

Realistically, I think this is the point where I walk away from the story campaign, it’s just not worth the recurring/consistent frustration.

1 Like

Shank with 4x Purple Skill mods will just cause the party to straight-up ignore Normal damage, even from a Kristoff-boosted Baymax intro.

3 Likes

You can use shields, and you can use EVE. There’s no rules :man_shrugging:

A teamwide starting shield like Animal or Calhoun provides will give him 1000 energy instantly, which sounds like what’s happening. Starting shields can also hide in sneaky places like the BH6 collection buff or mods. Baymax will also do this, though his armor boost should render the damage ineffective.

Half the enjoyment of the game is learning what different skills do and being able to counter them. Fortunately this is probably the easiest skill to counter in the entire game :man_shrugging:

When Shan Yu was released, I liked to counter him by basically intentionally not countering his energy gain. By using a starting shield combined with armor or healing, you can convert his energy gain to your own and take him out very quickly.

Nowadays there are so many heroes who can deal with him that he shouldn’t really be a factor against an appropriately powered team.

4 Likes

Or learning what different skills do and taking advantage of them with your own teams. Especially when it seems that very few people know how certain skills can be more useful than they first appear…

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney