State of the Game - February 2020

Announcements

Feb 7

1 / 269

Feb 8

Mar 6

PolarisCommunity Manager

Feb 7

Welcome to this year’s first State of the Game post! 2019 was a year of ups and downs for us. We love Disney Heroes and put a lot into making it the best mobile RPG. We launched Invasion, lots of great new heroes, and more, but we also made some mistakes.

We come into 2020 looking forward to a new year and a new focus on working with our players. We had our first Dev Q&A Corner last year! Because we felt it was so valuable, we’ll be doing these on a quarterly basis. The next one is scheduled for late February. Part of that is also writing these State of the Game posts quarterly.

Some of the things we learned from last dev chat:

• We need to do a better job closing the gap between casual and serious players/payers.
  • Some hero power creep is okay, but we need to watch out for heroes who are truly OP.
  • Some game modes are getting a bit stale:
    • Either too easy, too boring and/or the rewards are falling behind.
  • We need to make sure we keep bugs and event issues as infrequent as possible, and squash them as fast as possible when they do pop up.
    • This is more important to most players than new development.
  • The friend system, especially missions, need a revamp in a big way.
  • You love the story, and would love a way to re-read it.

We want to address all of the points mentioned above and more in the coming year. Our biggest challenge currently is what order to tackle them in.”…

This is what was said before by pb team… well here are my ways to improve it. (I know people may not agree and being a repetitive storyline of complaints But here goes)…

1. Implement these kind of perks as a start. Perk ideas

2. Add red juices and coins to the ports

3. Maybe add a feature like a training dojo where u leave a toon in it (ie cant use It for how long it’s in the dojo) so the toon Slowly learns to level up on its own without battling etc .

4. Personally I would say give out more keys per hard cw wave.

5. Although Understandable why (Becuase it’s a business and pb wants its :money_mouth_face: And keep its top person on servers to be able to due stuff) it is as is with cap increases currently, either make them two months apart or alternate between color and cap levels on a monthly basis.

6. Make ways of getting free gems more equally among apple and android users (ie since Apple users can’t do fyber or tapjoy offers, find another system That allows them to Earn to be more balanced like maybe more daily videos for Apple users).

7. Concentrate on making sure all bugs are tested before releasing an update. I know several players are bugged seeing the same bugs reappear with an update (unless of course it was the double rewards from coli and arena dailes which people liked this bug for most part :wink:)

2 Likes

Agree with all this would be a few nice additions

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney