HUGE Announcement

What easter eggs are you going to have?

Not sure yet. Hidden Mickeys are a go for sure. Only Disney easter eggs if we do have them.

Sounds really cool, Good luck, to you.

Will Mickey and Minnie be in it? (Not talking about hidden mickeys)

also I think bunny meant like out of bounds stuff.

2 Likes

Also will it be Kim Possible for kim to be in it?

1 Like

Will cars monsters inc and toy story and inside out be in?

Pixar is Disney so I bet they will be in thereā€¦

The characters who are in the park will hopefully be in it in some form. Again we are still planning.

2 Likes

Game programming is a really exciting and hard work. I wish you enjoy a lot!
Personally, Iā€™m interested in how you program the moves of Mickyā€™s ears, because they are always facing to us, really mysterious objects. :slight_smile:

Not sure how we will have characters, but we should in some format.

Interestingā€¦Iā€™m looking forward to this

1 Like

Do you have the rights to use Disney Interlectual Property? , I imagine it costs a fortune and is very hard to apply for.

We are not going to be making money off of it, and others have done similar projects on Minecraft and other games, so it is legal.

I think I would recommend you checking the laws for sure so that you donā€™t get a Cease and Desist letter towards the end.

I at least know that a fair number of Nintendo fan games has gotten Cease and Desist letters towards the end, which means that they have to stop maybe after years of work or at least not releasing it in public I imagine.

But yes, I would recommend checking so that you and your friend donā€™t end up getting a Cease and Desist letter.

In any case, best of luck and hope you and your friend have fun making it :-).

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m not sure if that makes any difference - it certainly wont make it Legal.
As @Kira mentioned look into it before you get started, Disney is knows for being super hardcore (probibly more than any other business on earth) when it comes to protecting its IP.

In General, Disneyā€™s approval is required to use the characters even for a free product if it is open to public.
If it is open to the specific persons only (family, friends, ā€¦), you may use the Disney characters. This is same as CD, DVD are admitted for lend to family use, friends use.

Edit: PS: When you draw a comic, even fonts of text is bound to copyright holderā€™s approval.

2 Likes

Thanks for the concern. I will be sure to check sometime soon. I know Disney is very protective of their IP, and I support that.

1 Like

Hey everyone! Quick update. We have begun to build the project and familiarize ourselves with the software. We decided that will we have different versions of the parks so you can move through the park history. We are going to be starting with Disneyland and not Disney World.

3 Likes

Can you please list the references in your project and, fallow up question, will there be references about you?

I am extremely confused what you mean by this question.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | Ā© Disney