I don't get the MMR system

As I understand, we get points when win and lose some when the enemy wins. And, the most important, the enemy for the next war chooses from those guilds who has the closest MMR to you. But…it looks like it doesn’t :sweat_smile:

Many powerful guilds can’t reach the legendary rank anymore because of that. How does that actually works? Maybe I miss something :sweat_smile:

Somehow you didn’t do horrible against the topic guild in server 14

How many guilds are between you and them in MMR? I’ve explained it on other post so here goes…

You can only fight the same team once every 7 fights. So if that top team fought 6 teams between your MMR and theirs and you were #8, then they have to fight you next because there aren’t closer options that they haven’t already fought within 7 battles. MMR only works to keep you in a relative range if you aren’t in the top 10ish. If you are, than eventually you will fight people that are top ranked no matter the MMR difference only because they don’t have options left for opponents.

So it goes like this

Rank 1

Rank2 X

Rank 3 X

Rank 4 X

Rank 5 X

Rank 6 X

Rank 7 X

Rank 8

So if rank 1 fought 2-7 already that’s only 6 fights, so next would be rank 8. After rank 8 then #2 resets and they can fight down the row again. Starting at 2 then 3 etc.

This is the only time MMR really doesn’t matter, when fighting guilds in the top 10. MMR just determines the order you have to fight in, it doesn’t save you from having to fight though.

1 Like

There are at least 8 guilds between us and them, both stronger and weaker than us.

By how close? If you lowered your MMR last match and others increased theirs, maybe it had pre-selected you guys to fight them before the last change. And there is only those people between you guys after the change.

This is entirely a theory though and I have no way or evidence to back that up. But it’s a possible answer. The wars change instantly when they are finished to the next opponent, the server probably pre determines who you will face before the match actually ends to save time and allow that instant change of opponent.

Well, at this moment, there are 56 guilds on the server whose MMR is closer to ours than our to the top 1 guild. Yet, we’re fighting them :sweat_smile:

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney