I really think Buzz Lightyear needs some work

I really don’t agree with some design choices that he has. My Buzz i s level 96, nearly maxed O0, with Zurg 3* disk.

Basically, half of this guy’s kit is useless. First of all, white skill does less damage than his purple and is not affected by attack speed. And it’s a skill that JUST hurts enemies without applying any other effects, and it’s terrible at it’s job… The only thing it has for itself is that Buzz can’t be targeted, so he can sometimes avoid a bit of damage if timed right. Otherwise, you are just better off not using Laser Action at all.

Anti-Gravity Cage, bugged against Flynn, I rarely have these guys against each other so I dunno if it got fixed. Flynn can’t clear this croud control, because it has unique ‘effect’ in which it wobs hero up and down. Apart for that, it’s a solid skill.

Pulsar Push. Excuse me, what IS this damage? It does nothing! You could at least make it deal Fantastic damage so he’d be a bit more versatile overall, but usually this skill just makes you go ‘Ugh, just have to go with this waste of time before Power Up kicks in’. Crowd control, sure, nice touch, but it’s just a measly single target weak knockback.

Power Up. Now we have the other way around, it deals TONS of damage, and gets ridiculous with Zurg disk. Let Buzz proc it once and he just keeps and keeps going. To the point when you just want ignore everything else and just let him do basic attacks only. That’s not a very healthy design.

As for the Flynn disk, I don’t like exchanging your best crowd control to do the job that’s not even yours (shield an ally).

He’s one of the oldest heroes out there, would be nice to see some work put into his kit, it’s pretty messy.

4 Likes

It has occured to me that his laser could be reworked to deal piercing damage which would ignore all shields. I get how this wouldn’t help too much but it would make him a counter to all shielders (including Moana, Baymax, and Violet)

2 Likes

I wanted to write same idea, but his active should ignore all types of shields.

2 Likes

No point in that just use the stupid duck

What if you haven’t got em?

Besides, if you use the stupid duck you can just rage quit when after enough deals to max him out,they nerf him. Think ahead. Quorra and Tia and Baymax all got nerfed. Shank and Darkwing Duck are next.

1 Like

Totally agree. Buzz is sadly a character you don’t want him to use his white but you have to (in many modes)

By in many modes, you literally mean two unlwss Onvasion does it?

Also, now that Hero rwfreshes are a thing, maybe he will get a buff :grin:

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney