If the fans are to be ignored

Actually, Djaq got you there. Both Gravity Falls and Phineas and Ferb are both Disney originals since they orginate on Disney Channel.

Actually no, and I won’t post that quote for 850 time explaining it.

Actually yes

The post was talking about GF being licensed when that isn’t the case at all

Why is TaleSpin’s eligibility questionable? It’s a Disney property. I’m not trying to argue, I’m just curious. Is it because it’s set in the 1940’s and considered a wartime show? And Mister Toon, you forgot Mighty Ducks: The Animated Series on your Franchises yet to be seen and are eligible list. There are badges for that one too. You also forgot about Bonkers.

Baloo and Louie being from Jungle Book

2 Likes

Yeah, there was a lawsuit over Jim Cummings imitating Louis Primas voice and Disney was barred from using King Louie in the Jungle Book 2 and House Of Mouse. In House Of Mouse, Disney had to replace him with King Larry. Now I see why Jungle Book fans question whether TaleSpin is elegible and why JB fans argued with me over advocating for 1990 Baloo to be added. There is some question by JB fans whether TaleSpin characters can be added. I just have to understand that Jungle Book fans are concerned about Disney using established characters in that show. They could still add Kit Cloudkicker and Don Karnage, even if Baloo and Louie can’t be added.

And nobody’s gonna talk about the characters in the show like don karnage?

That’s what I said. That Don Karnage and Kit could still be added.

Sad. I like the fairy version of Maleficent better. TaleSpin I understand though, seeing as the Jungle Book versions of Baloo and Louie are already in, so adding other characters from the show would be kind of awkward.

Yeah, me too. I understand the concerns coming from Jungle Book fans now. It would feel kind of weird to JB fans to have other characters from TaleSpin in the game, so they question whether it should be added or not. But I will be excited when the Gummi Bears, Bonkers, The Mighty Ducks and the rest of Goliath’s clan get added to the game as they are all eligible. As well as more characters from Kim Possible, DuckTales and Darkwing Duck. Having these characters in the game will bring nostalgia for the fans of those IPs.

What does that have to do with Talespin being eligible or not.

Besides, that was a long time ago. And as everybody knows, imitation is the highest form of flattery. (as long as it doesn’t get too creepy that is)

Well, I thought that was one of the reasons fans of 1967 original are concerned about the show’s eligibility to be added but it is probably more likely that they feel weird seeing Baloo and Louie in clothes and Baloo flying a plane and they wouldn’t recognize them in a shirt and hat. I do believe that PerBlue had the choice of 1990 Baloo or 1967 Baloo. They went with the 1967 Baloo instead because he would appeal more to fans of the 1967 original. Also, I understand now that not many people here grew up watching TaleSpin and were born after the Disney Afternoon era and when Toon Disney was rebranded as Disney XD in 2009, the older shows were lost. Also there are some people here who have Disney+, but not everybody. I honestly thought PB did a really good job capturing the moment Baloo said “You better believe it!” From that point in the movie. Then they were able to get that design approved by Disney. I do understand that Disney has to approve all the character designs before they’re released.

Figaro and Tron already proven it doesn’t really matter.
It’s only younger/older versions from exactly same movie the issue.

And nobody said Don and Baloo must to meet in the city… it’s a big city. Or just ignore that fact and make dialogue normal, just as how in Russell’s friendship HDL acted as DT17 version.

I’m not saying that they have to meet. Just that I understand now what the concerns are.

They don’t exists as for now.

Would you still play the game even if TaleSpin characters are added eventually?

Huh?

TaleSpin is better than the movie so of course. Now all we got is bugged Baloo, shame.

1 Like

I mean, I´m not a fan of it but I don´t think anyone have something againist TaleSpin (except for Baloo and Luiue)

Yeah, that’s why I’ve said I think Don Karnage’s dialogue would be funny.

Figaro? Does he figure in some friendship campaigns I haven’t played yet?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney