I'M BACK! No thanks to support

So I’m back. I have my account connected to my new phone at last! At high cost, thanks to support.

Bit’a’backstory I have had a perfect log in streak since July 1st 2018 and my old phone would no longer be paid for on the 1st of November. So I had to act fast. I was trying to get in contact with support. But I got my new phone Friday so I had to wait through the weekend. No response on Monday. I got a response on Tuesday that just re-said the basic recovery thing. Even though I already said that it was connecting to the wrong (Google Play Games) account it would be best if my (DH:BM) account was just be linked to the one I was given on my new phone. So I sent a response getting more nitty gritty with all the details. Wednesday night. No way they are still there I still have no response and my old phone will go out Monday. At the rate I get responses I will lose my log in streak. So I did the only remaining option:
I deleted the account it was connecting to that it wasn’t supposed to.
Lost all my progress on a different game I had passively started playing recently.
I have payed $133 dollars. Support shouldn’t be this slow.

3 Likes

That isn’t particularly slow :man_shrugging:

While I don’t think support responds to paying customers first, there’s probably at least 8000 people who’ve paid more than that :stuck_out_tongue:

Does this log-in streak actually keep count anywhere? It doesn’t seem worth losing all your progress in another game just to maintain something that doesn’t exist :man_shrugging: I don’t think PB are to blame for that.

Also I might be missing something, but why couldn’t you have just continued playing on your old phone until it was resolved?

I don’t have the money to pay for next month

I have 3 quick thoughts on this.

1. Your response wasn’t slow. You contacted support over the weekend when they don’t work (which is reasonable). They are naturally going to spend much of Monday going through a backlog of emails in the order that they were received. So an answer on Tuesday sounds pretty good to me.

2. How much you spent should have absolutely zero impact on the level of service you receive. Whilst it might seem fair to someone who has spent a large amount of money on the game, looking at it from another perspective would mean that someone who chooses not to spend (or cannot afford to) will receive the worst level of service. That would be totally unacceptable and discriminatory.

3. You’ve spent $133 dollars since July 1st 2018. That’s 480 days. Less than 28 cents per day. I honestly think my second point is correct but if you are of the thinking that I’m wrong then surely you can agree that 28c per day isn’t going to get you a key to the executive bathroom.

3 Likes

No…

I don’t know why I like doing it I just… do. It’s become really important to me and part of my daily schedule… I’m mildly autistic.

Also all previous times I messaged support I got response in 24 hours usually in the first 12 hours really. 48 seems kinda ridiculous.

1 Like

You mean for your SIM card? Most modern phones will run just fine without one as long as you have Wi-Fi connection, it would just be like using a small tablet

Look I’m sorry I made this ok. I just hate it when my schedule gets wrecked and Logging in was something I could depend upon being able to happen everyday. I’m just frustrated that the one thing I could depend upon almost left me.

@Wave9Nut I understand your frustration and disappointment and genuinely I’m sorry that you’ve lost something that was important to you.
The point I was trying to make, perhaps not very well, was that I don’t think it’s fair to blame support for any of it.

It’s an unpleasant situation but ultimately once which was beyond their control and not of their making but they seem to have responded appropriately, it’s just the case that it hasn’t worked out exactly as you would have hoped.

1 Like

Errr yes in the App Store you can keep track of your spendings on certain games…

@Wave9Nut regardless, I’m glad it got resolved for you! I had the same issue about 6 months back.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney