Increased costs of Citywatchcrates

@Loutre maybe 10 drops would be a better call for 10k coins or atleast brings it to relative old value while still making people spend coins. In my eyes it’s all about perceived value of what’s in the crate cosmetic and badge are nice but 5 drops for 10k is poor value in my eyes

2 Likes

We’re on one thing at a time!! I love this enthusiasm though

4 Likes

It´s okay. We have time. Though the Trials change could really help big time. I did some thorough analysis on it for quite some time now.

Also I have noticed I said “time” in literally every sentence. :joy:

2 Likes

I am actually going on vacation all next week so save it for when I’m back (I’ll make a whole post on being gone tomorrow).

7 Likes

I could maybe post it early tomorrow? Like I am in Europe so you can see it at 9AM your time, I guess…

I’m gonna be so busy planning for next week though and I don’t want it to end up missed!

4 Likes

Oh, okay then. I will make more things like it then at once. And post on… 5th?

Thanks; I admit that the one thing I’d most want is the one thing PerBlue is least likely to provide: a complete breakdown of the possible drops, the odds for each one, and a rough idea of the distribution of possible quantities for each different item. (E.g., saying there’s a 50% chance of hero chips with payouts ranging linearly from 4 to 10.)

Aside form that information, I like Numi’s idea of a day’s worth of generated stamina in Stamina Consumables, and Lucas1999’s suggestion of Double Campaign Drop backpacks. I also think, given the higher price of the crates, that guaranteeing enough chips to unlock the hero on the first Buy 5 would be a very good idea; it might take a bit of fancy tinkering to keep the expected mean number of chips the same for the first Buy 5 as for all other buys, but it’s certainly a solvable problem. I strongly believe avoiding further bad customer experiences like this one would encourage more than enough purchases to make it worth the effort.

3 Likes

This has Prince John written all over it. He want our hard earned City Watch tokens.

Prince John: (sitting in his coach) Tokens. Tokens. Beautiful, lovely city watch tokens. Ah ha! Ah ha!

2 Likes

Ah I see and hope you have a good vacation Loutre and that you enjoy yourself a lot, and yeah hope you manage to stay safe as well even if I of course hope you have a lot of fun/enjoyment as well :-).

2 Likes

You can absolutely keep those CW Tokens and wait for something to come into the shop too or just sit on those tokens forever like a dragon.

3 Likes

Better plan on having long term players …

The increased costs makes no sense unless you are among the whale population where you have extra CW resets from PVP rewards maybe. For the average player, there was no way you simply had way too many tokens and nothing to spend it on if you wanted the hero. If the hero wasn’t wanted, which could have been the case with Jumba, then that’s another issue entirely. You could have simply given more than the 25 open limits per crate or added some token conversion option where people can use excess tokens on something else. This…was definitely not the best solution to this non-widespread issue IMO.

For me at least with the new price I think it needs to at least be a 10 crate pull rather than a 5 crate pull, even if with the added Cosmetic Crates and Badge Booster Crates.
It just isn’t enough chance for getting something good that I am enticed to spend, especially not at 5.

I will say that for the exclusive character crates I generally don’t care about them as I know I most likely get Hero Chip for the characters I am not actually interested in, rather wanting the good items rather than the exclusive character chips.
The only exclusive character crate I bought were the Slinky Crate as the purchase felt worth it enough given that it has a fairly good amount of good items in it, even if just doing one 10x pull checks for fun.

So yeah, for shop coin exclusive character crates I generally don’t care about given that I know the chance of getting the items I actually want are too low for me to be all that interested in spending on them.

Also, if you have time Loutre I would recommend you watching this video :-).

It is from 2014, but still pretty relevant and as the title says “high costs drives players away”, so even if the crate might be more worth it sometimes perceived high cost just drives players away no matter what. What is needed is to find the sweet spot where the players aren’t repelled by the cost and feel like the crate/item is worth their purchase.

The video goes over other things as well, but yeah it is a good watch and I recommend watching it Loutre, same for other players as well :-).

2 Likes

Could we get a higher chance of badge crates or a chance for a full hero for the CW crate? Add friend campaign power-ups too. As much as you can to make crate really desirable to justify the price increase (the increased price isn’t the problem; it’s that players don’t feel like they’re getting enough for what they pay).

2 Likes

Excellent suggestions! Thank you!

4 Likes

I don’t know what you’re game stats you’re crew seeing @loutre but this is ridiculous. Should not have more then doubled . Prices should have stayed the same for these crates or lessen. We not getting more coins from city watch or arena, coliseum etc. you’re game stats viewing got to be doctored by photoshop before you’re meetings, that’s the only logical reason for doing this as we all complain costs are too much in the game already . :-1::-1::-1::-1::-1:

lol, I don’t think I bought many of these in the first place because they were too expensive compared to just buying stuff in the CW shop.

Sure, I have a lot of CW tokens. Doesn’t mean I want to blow them on something with terrible value. There are already Guild Perks in place that improve the shops. Expand on them.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

What do you want to see added in the crates that you think are a better value?

4 Likes

If this was the reason, then have people be able to convert these coins into say city watch coins, disk power,etc if they reach a threshold you think is “too much” to have . Besides they can always buy more expensive badges in the shop or hiest tickets. Again increasing prices is absurd.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney