Invasion is fun the first day. Then you can't do anything the rest of it?

Love invasion the first day it opened. I plowed through breaker quests and killed a bunch of bosses and it was a good time.

The problem is when you hit a wall in breaker quests you suddenly can’t get any boss tokens, which means no more bosses, which means basically you’re sitting around doing nothing until the next invasion.

My partner spent all their revives on the first day and now all their heroes are dead and similarly there’s nothing left for them to do until everything resets.

I dunno what the answer is but I don’t think it’s going to be fun having a week-long invasion event where only the first day let’s you do anything.

4 Likes

The problem is they made revive times absurdly long and I’m not sure why. They need to be a few hours at a maximum, not 18+ or whatever it is.

Welcome to the forums.

Invasion tends to be a mode that is mostly for end game players. If you’re under level 100, you’re going to have some troubles.

Invasion is also designed for you to hit a wall every day, once you hit this wall, stop playing Invasion for the day, as otherwise you’re just burning resources. The Invasion shop offerings also get better and better everyday to help offset this. The design is play until you hit the wall (dependent on your team level), then stop playing for the day, then when the Invasion shop refreshes the next day, use your Boss Tech (aka Invasion shop tokens) to buy all of the power-ups that you can and then you’ll be able to break through yesterday’s wall and get to a new wall. Rinse and repeat daily.

The revive timer is just the auto-revive time. When initially released, there was no auto-revive and you could only revive the same hero once every two hours. The current model is much, much better.

3 Likes

@Ash_s2 welcome to the forum.

@Mufasa_S1 Thanks for posting, your in-site was very helpful.
:angel:

Shop refreshes every day to give more powerups and stuff. This is the only way to not hit a wall. The second one is to use breakers wisely so that you will hardly end up without both until refresh.

Event is mostly for people above lvl 100, but, let’s make it real. if you are below you are playing there for fun or for friends, competitive aspect is mostly likely gone for you.

The only problem i realised is that tactics on levels 60 and above require investing in only 1 game deciding hero previously and playing him alone most of the time. And because revives cost stuff, it’s better half of the time.

At the current point the only hero that can kill stuff in my lineup is powerup lvl 111 Alice :smile:

1 Like

I agree with you that it is hard if you’re under level 100, but I don’t think it stops there. I’m level 105 on a server that was only JUST expanded to 110 and I have a hard time trying to fight a lot of the heroes too. I think that after a certain point it just becomes impossible for a person to keep going. It was super fun for the first hour or so (albeit time consuming) but now I find I can’t do anything and have tons of extra stamina. Also, what’s with the mods?!? I only have one but have three times as many points as my guild mate, who has multiple without paying diamonds

1 Like

I know on server 1, we’ve had basic mods in our contest tier winnings before. Maybe your guild mate picked some up that way?

Other than the occasional contest winning, the only way to get free mods that I’ve seen is when you reach tier 4 in each invasion. Side note regarding mods, you’ll usually want to spend the 240 gems for the first supply crate that includes an attuned mod for one of the featured heroes and gives that hero 15 power-up. This usually gives a big early boost on the Invasion.

Regarding your heroes, you pretty much need to pick 5-6 at the start of Invasion and focus on them (i.e. when picking power-ups if one of these 5-6 isn’t listed, you go with the +1 option). Unless you have an amazing reason to use an off-color hero, always use heroes that are on color for that Invasion as probably around 95% of the power-ups are for on-color heroes (i.e. the only off-color hero I ever use is Walle for 5 star Flynn disk). Largely avoid control heroes, I love my control heroes, but they’re mostly useless for Invasion bots. You always need a team healer to be one of your five. A team shielder can be useful for breakers, but is usually a liability against bots as once bots can start killing your heroes, they hit for so much damage that the shield doesn’t do much, you’re better off with another damage hero. For bots, your front hero needs to be really stocky and/or have a great self heal (in addition to the team healer) otherwise you’ll get to the point that the bot starts one hitting killing your heroes. Also, almost always take speed over brute force for Invasion.

For Blue Team, most people are stuck with a Zurg/Woody combo build as a lot of Blue’s heroes are combo/utility type heroes that just can’t deal enough unadulterated damage (Buzz is great for Invasion though). Red Team has a lot of good options and is most people’s favorite Invasion, Quorra (Ev), Dash, EG (Va), Hiro, and I’ve heard Jack-Jack are all great damage options for Red Team. Yellow Team also has some options but I’ll always run Moana as my front hero, Nick for damage (lemming count carries over), and Miguel for healing.

Finally, learn to play without auto. I mostly treat breakers how I do City Watch, in that most of my heroes should have a full energy bar at the end of the fight, or I retry. For bots, not using auto is paramount, you want to trigger your damage abilities right when the bot drops an army so that you kill the army and fill your energy back up. Bot fights are typically where I’ll use my Walle with Flynn disk, even off-color, which then means having to revive him every single bot fight. The ability to get your damage heroes energy bars to 200% is just too valuable against bots (note: the ability to accumulate more than 100% energy sticks around even after Walle dies after 10 seconds).

1 Like

Super helpful! Thanks for the tips! I think I’m still pretty stuck for now but I’ll keep it in mind next invasion. (Also I’m server 10 so we only just got mods so that’s why I was confused)

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney