Hey guys, just wanted to ask if anyone else was having problems in invasion. I have been grinding on it since last night and suddenly now on mama bot lvl 105, she is killing everyone on my team within a hit. I know heroes with fantastic damage does nothing to her specifically, however i do keep one in for the blue guys. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if it’s just me.
May I ask which team you are using?
I always switch it up depending on what color team gets the boosts. But i usually do elsa (for blue guys), goofy, moana (sometimes swap for zurg), woody, and scar
There’s your problem right there. You shouldn’t have a “usually” team for every Invasion. Your usually team is a mix of Red Team, Yellow Team, and Blue Team heroes. Your Invasion team every week should be comprised of five heroes that are from the Team color for that week, this is because these are the heroes that 90% of the Power-Ups are going to be for that week, and they’re the only heroes that will power up if you pick the +1 Power-Up option instead of the +5 for a specific hero Power-Up.
A general formula to keep in mind for Invasion team building (until you’re comfortable with Invasion and want branch out to try different strategies):
- One slot must go to a team wide healer.
- Mickey or potentially Rafiki with JackJack disk for Red
- Miguel or Joy for Yellow. Sulley with Woody disk is also a possibility for team healing in Yellow, but he is too squishy against higher level bots.
- Blue doesn’t have a reliable team healer. You can try Genie but he doesn’t heal himself. You can try Felix but then you have to also use either Olaf or Bo Peep (if using Bo, you’ll also need Megara to keep her alive). They are the only Blue Team heroes that stand in front of Felix, he is too squishy to stand in the front himself and not die quickly. Woody is sort of an option for team healing in Blue, but that only works if your toons that take most of the damage are also dishing out lots of damage.
- One or two heroes that deal lots of fantastic damage with their active white skill to get brutes out of the way as soon as they get dropped by the bot. Remember, creeps in the way mean that you’re not doing much damage to the bot.
- One or two heroes that deal lots of normal damage with their active white skill to get skeletons out of the way as soon as they get dropped by the bot. Remember, creeps in the way mean that you’re not doing much damage to the bot.
- Front hero must have self healing and other abilities to keep him alive
- Heroes that slow your opponent are outstanding against the bot because a slow bot doesn’t deal any where near as much damage and a slow bot also doesn’t drop creeps many times in a fight. Barbossa with Stitch disk is great for Yellow, and Stitch with Maui disk is good for Blue.
Also, for most team compositions, you never want to use Auto. You need to learn the bot’s tendencies so that you know when to use each of your heroes white abilities for maximum benefit.
Well as i said in my statement, my teams fluctuate depending on what team color is in that specific invasion. However, i do keep a couple top heroes in at first so that things will go smoothly until i get up enough invasion tokens. And i appreciate the guide with the teams (except for the fact that my server doesnt have some of the ones listed)