iOS game quits

Anyone else frustrated by an iPad or iOS issue with coliseum and guild war? My iPad shuts down every single time I attempt these. Perblue keeps saying its a connection issue but I can be running my androids at the same time with no issues. I can be on a variety of hotspots or our home internet and it has an issue. It is every single time with guild war and coliseum and it has been happening for months.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums!
This is a known issue with iOS but to the best of my knowledge it was fixed. If you are still experiencing it then the best thing to do is raise it with support as soon as it has occured so they can look into it for you.

It’s not just iOS. My Android phone often quits, too.

It is an ongoing issue with iOS devices for months. @Polaris keeps saying the developers are trying to fix it, but it has never occurred. They claim the can’t isolate the issue. With this last update androids have started having problems with lagging. I’m hoping they start to get dropped too, no offense to anyone, but then maybe the developers will figure out the issue.

1 Like

When I am going to do a war or coliseum battle, I find it best to shut the game down, re-open it, and go straight to the battle. It seems like if you do other stuff first then that is when you are more likely to get dropped. Kind of like their is a cache that can’t handle all the info so it shuts down the app.

1 Like

This happens to me. What I would do is before I start a Coliseum/Guild War battle, I would close the game and go back to it again(like a restart). Then I would go straight into battle in one of those modes and press the speed up button during a fight to avoid this “unexpected shut-down” issue. Hope this helps.

This is nonsense. Every patch worsens the issue. First it was the ocasional reconnect. Then crates started to not work. Next was battles refusing to start. Then the coliseum and arena showed a loading screen that never refreshed. Now it’s nonstop disconnects.

What they need to do is thee same as other games: have a local save that syncs periodically with the server when there are no direct calls to t’he server. If a disconnect occurs, it keeps trying for a specific amount of time before it errors out. But it keeps what you have done and syncs back up on reconnect.

Because this is now a constant issue. I never know what I’ve accomplished because the drops lose a certain portion of my actions immediately prior to the reconnect attempt.

1 Like

I’m on Android and experiencing constant drops or reconnects all weekend. Getting to the point where it’ll “reconnect” six times inside a minute, or crash completely and then claim “content update failed” and won’t open the game at all. It’s definitely not my device or Internet connection.

1 Like

You know @Polaris, if they can’t fix the dropping issue, maybe they can at least make it so if you get dropped during a war it doesn’t waste your heroes. Nothing is more frustrating than being in the middle of a war battle and it drops you. All your heroes are marked as being used and you get no credit for your battle. It’s counted as three losses. Make it so it resets and you can do it again. Will you please suggest to this idea to them so we can at least play on an even field.

1 Like

I use to think the developers at PerBlue were not like other developers. They helped their customers. But I am starting to wonder about them now. They have let this drop issue go for months, with no communication anymore on if they are trying to fix it or not. It seems like now that they have a large enough fan base, all they are carrying about is how much more money they can bring in. Show us some love and at least tell us you are still working on the issue.

2 Likes

Wow! So it’s like six months later and I still get dropped about 80% of the time.

1 Like

Anything new on this? Dropped constantly and frustrating to self and the guild. Getting to the point I don’t participate in WAR for putting an immediate loss on the board.

Nope, and I wouldn’t expect anything. It took getting a brand new iPad to fix the issue for me.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney