Is DHBM dying?

I’d like to start off with saying this is from a personal perspective, and some things may not be 100% true.
This is all constructive criticism, and nothing is against Perblue, and their staff.

I’ve been playing for way over 1000 days, I’ve played competitively and only for fun. I’ve been active for almost the entire time and moved to different servers. We have all seen how this game has grown, but these last few months have definitely been concerning from a player standpoint.

Game updates have definitely been slowed down. Which has good and bad to it. I do understand you have lost some employees to other companies, but if you want to keep this game growing you will definitely work towards gaining new employees, really hope you are not pushing them to hard.

And sadly, I feel like the simple answer to the title if the topic is yes, the player count is definitely going down, and to keep healthy servers merging is the best short-term, but in the future it will go back to hurt you. Though it will definitely be a cost, I recommend putting your ads into other games. The player count could definitely skyrocket, with newer players.

Another thing that could help with any financial situations from the previous subject, though players may dislike it. Put more advertisements in, not a ridiculous amount. Just maybe upgrade the video crates, actually give people reasons to do them. Be able to get gold if you watch an ad. Just some subtle ways to get more money instead of just putting cash deals that a majority of people can’t afford.

This is all coming from a former game developer, we had very similar situations and the games player base died very soon after.

@Loutre, any way you could pass some of this along to the team. I’d really love this game to continue as long as possible.

2 Likes

Please don’t dying the game

1 Like

We have lots of plans for the future of DH! I’ll be working on another State of the Game post soon, but things are going well over here! So many new hires!

22 Likes

Do you know who

It is certain that the game won´t die in time being. At least not by natural causes (aka low profit). When some people throw individually 50k in a contest… can one say it´s doing poorly?

5 Likes

Ha, could be why they made them 6 days now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:thinking:

I thought everyone would be happier with slower updates?

2 Likes

you underestimate the number of people who splurge to complete new content as soon as it’s released :stuck_out_tongue:

also, at least from seeing comments on patch note threads, a lot of people are generally far more interested in new heroes than actually playing to a competitive standard

2 Likes

The “slower updates”, in this case, refers to fewer new heroes, fewer hero refreshes, fewer QoL improvements, etc. The one game aspect that has continued without slowing down has been the rank+level increase every 4 weeks (and double that on some servers), which is by far the least popular aspect of updates.

Or at least it’s the least popular on the forums, on Discord servers, in chat rooms, etc. According to PerBlue, every time they slow down the cap increases, players leave the game, and considering how PerBlue keeps them going regularly at the expense of any other content/upgrades/changes, apparently they believe it’s the biggest factor in player retention. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

no, because there’s nothing to do.

no new game mode was added like for 2 years, so the only good thing is new heroes.

refreshes are more than welcome too.

are you planning to release some new bigger game mode (like invasion, arena)?

2 Likes

I would rather they improve current game modes. Red skill cost, mega bit, balance new and old heroes… What the point of rushing new game modes when old ones are so outdated :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: and of course, bring back those precious badge booster crates

This is the 3rd thread like this in recent memory, one if which I made. Loutre wouldn’t say if DHBM was dying.

That’s all I really have to say. It might be dying, but we wouldn’t really know until it happened.

11 Likes

I could very well explain my calculations on blacked-out top 3 in contests. (Because GDPR, duh :unamused: )

I don’t believe the Perblue propaganda about the future of DH :joy: It’s definitely dying out. There has been a mass exodus from my server since the double cap raise. They constantly talk about the game getting better, but it’s only gotten worse. The deals are worse and the in-game events are worse. There’s a reason they have gone from 24 servers to 5. People have quit the game en masse.

After months of asking for Port events, they finally give us them, but most people don’t trust that Perblue isn’t going to trick us all into spending Port resets and then have them make the next contest Port related. That’s not normal, most games don’t have this level of distrust between the player base and the developer team. Their tactics are aggressively manipulative and players are now becoming more aware of it and are quitting the game.

One of the TOS in DH is to not disparage Perblue and I’ll probably get silenced or suspended for saying all of this, but you can’t trust anything that Perblue says.

7 Likes

Most of us does not, but we just don´t care. :man_shrugging:

Keyword: Most.

Debatable. Deals got “worse” for frequent spenders and high VIPs. And purely technically, that was a decent move to let others catch-up.

On 21 and 22 yes, but that happened on both the old servers (because they didn´t see any of what 21-24 do coming) and 14-19 (since there wasn´t a big number of players and now the double raises detriment the experience even more).

21 and 22 (soon just 21) is literally just a deja vu of 1-5.

Eh… it is dying. :frowning:

Everything is constantly delayed, PB keeps ignoring all feedback, game content is dying and it lacks of anything new, the team seems to doing new heroes randomly, trial events and wish crate dead, codebase unchanged for over a year, nerfing resources and forcing to buy stuff… dhbm is on the last breaths.

DSA recently did a huge update, Mirrorverse keeps adding new stuff and changing stuff around due to the feedback, while here the game is stuck in place, 2 new heroes and cap rise is everything what the game gets monthly. As long as the game WAS great… it lost its spark, sad.

5 Likes

I actually think Disney Heroes might be recovering now, but it is slow and we players haven’t seen much of the actual recovering yet.

But yeah, I think PerBlue should likely stop focusing on UI related things for now as the UI focus was a selecting choice wise by the community was a misunderstanding. It wasn’t specified that it was UI related when it seemed like it could be power and rebalancing related.
The over-focus on UI compared to making sure old modes are updated regularly might have costed Disney Heroes a lot, but that we will never know for sure.

We do know PerBlue got a lot of new hires after many left last year, so they might soon be more so back on track, like having gotten the new hires into how PerBlue do things and how things works.

That said, I do think PerBlue should switch from having a cap raise every month to every other month for a while, clearly it seems like the cap raises are draining more resources from the game than what is optimal, like in terms of draining the percentage of new content that might come each month.

The cap raises are rushed out to gain more money, however other aspects of the game are deteriorating causing players to maybe give less money than otherwise as they don’t have as good of a time in the game as they optimally want to have.

I understand PerBlue needs money, but overall in my view PerBlue need to set aside new features a bit and focus on a good old spring cleaning of the game as in improving older modes and aspects of the game. Many modes have been collecting dust as in being affected by power creep and not being adjusted to give the resources intended for newer levels/cap raises.
This might help PerBlue make more money in the future, as well as bringing back old players as well as new players too :-).

Overall, chasing new things aren’t always the best, one need to make sure the foundation is good too and creating a good experience.

2 Likes

Worse thing is that the dev team keeps needlessly complicating the badge system with more and more pressure on stamina, while giving nothing in return (apart from the obvious cap raise gains on free stamina and get more stamina, which in no way keep up with the needs.

So, indeed well done :clap: (not)
I think most whales will start losing patience if all they can do is keep up with less and less and less characters.

4 Likes

The ship seems to be sinking

Old server are dead (1, 14, 18 etc) just look at each guild… some have members who inactive for days or month… hard to recruit too

Server 21 & 22 still active but got bad deals lol

New server 25 I don’t know, i thought when they open with yellow and level 235 at start, they will gives huge deals but no, still bad deals, like $5 for 810 batteries, meh

What we want is, please hear our voice as player or consumer
Stop ignoring, we don’t need new stuff that cost more time playing (code base maybe, made them raid-able like other trial)

We need 100x
You gives 80x
That’s win win solution
Rather than you give 0x
And offer 50Y that we don’t need
Thats like slap into our face :joy:

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney