Least Favorite Disney Character(s)

Everybody has favorite Disney character(s). That character that you can’t help but fall in love with. But sometimes their are those characters that you just can’t stand or kind of rubs you the wrong ways even if it was not their intention. We all have several characters that we can do without. I want to know what your LEAST favorite Disney character(s).

Merida

While she is a disney princess yes. But out of all of them, I like Merida the least. They took the rebellious teenage daughter trope and went nuts with it. I know that she suppose to be a tomboy, but every disney princess should have at least some semblance of kindness to go with it. But, that’s not the case for Merida. She is hot-headed, stubborn, and slightly self-centered. Sure, every princess has their vices too like Ariel with her impulsiveness, Rapunzel her naivete, and Raya her distrustfulness but for Merida, I think she nothing but vice before she was humbled

Ming Lee

Profile_-_Ming_Lee

While I didn’t like Turning Red as a whole, Ming was a real turn off for me. Before the end, I found Ming to be just as childish as Mei (maybe more so to make Mei more mature by comparison). She didn’t allow the poor kid to do pretty much of anything. She didn’t give Mei a heads up about her powers at all, her idea of “helping” was to just lock her in room by herself until the ritual and throws a, shall we say, massive hissy fit when her own daughter gains her independence. Ming is so abusive (albeit unintentionally but still) that she makes Lady Tremaine look like a saint and that’s saying something.

Vanellope

Don’t let that cute look for you, she is a feisty little firecracker. She suppose to be play off the annoying younger sibling, and I think they did too well of a job. Her screechy voice and bratty behavior was a bit of a turn off from the character for me. On top of that, she ditch her life as a princess for cheap thrills! Why the heck would she do that? I know she was following her dreams and Ralph (with a little convincing and a insecurity virus) was all for it. But in doing so, set Sugar Rush mostly back to square one, rendering 3/4 of the first movie’s plot development entirely pointless. On that note, Vanellope ranks low on my favorite Disney character list.

2 Likes

For me it’s just Joe Gardener and Captain Amelia

1 Like

I haven’t seen all the Disney movies mostly cuz I haven’t heard of them but mine was Merida

Abuela from Encanto.
I feel this needs no explanation, but I will explain anyways.

Abuela is abusive. Everyone and everything has to be perfect to her, so pressure is constantly put on the family.

The thing is, no one is perfect. Pepa has stress, combating her need for sun. Camilo tends to cause more mischief than help. Luisa has a song about how much pressure is put on her. Julieta is fine, but so many people rely on her, so there’s some level of stress there. The husbands of both Pepa and Julieta have to handle the family, even without a gift. Isabela is forced to marry Mariano, who apparently wants five babies. Mirabel is abused, ignored,and downright shamed by Abuela’s orders. Antonio will not probably experience stress until later in life. Bruno is a whole different story. Abuela shut him out of the family because he wasn’t “perfect”.

I didn’t forget about Dolores.
This song explains how she feels when it gets to her part.
Turn It Down
Overall, I know Abuela didn’t want to lose her family,
because she already lost Pedro, but this woman took it too far with her measures. Strict and stern, this woman makes me want to blow out the miracle candle.
Lady Tremaine has nothing on her.

I’m gonna have to agree,I haven’t watched encanto but I’ve heard from tiktok that Abuela was mean and didn’t care about mirabel

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney