Limit to number of chests from Davy Jones?

From what I can tell, there is not supposed to be a limit to the number of times that Davy Jones can use Dead Man’s Chest. However, in fighting Friend Campaign, it will only appear about 3 or 4 times. Each time for 10 sec and then with his RS, it disappears. But then when I move to a new wave, he just dies. The chest doesn’t appear for a 4th or 5th time. Is this a bug or is there an unspecified limit to the number of chests?

Thing is, that is the same chest.

Once the chest is gone it’s gone.

It can reappear with his Red Skill.
After 10 seconds, the chest goes away if not destroyed. It can then reappear the next time he reaches 25% HP.
I have had it appear 3 times in a fight. It will then disappear the 3rd time from his Red skill, but won’t trigger the 4th time. I’m curious if this is a bug. @Polaris

Was the chest defeated in its 3rd appearance?

No. The Red Skill took it away a 3rd time and revived Davy again. The chest actually took 0 damage in its 3rd appearance.

Did Davy Jones cross the 25% HP threshold during this time?

Yes. He crossed 25% 4 times. The first 3 triggered the chest to drop. The last one, the enemies chipped away at him until he died without dropping a 4th chest.

Yet another example of Davy’s chest not working between Waves. In this example, he used Dead Man’s Chest once in Wave 1. His Red Skill made it disappear after it only took 94k damage (it has 2.3mil HP). Then Dead Man’s Chest never triggers in Wave 2.

Come on PerBlue…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney