Maui is still horrible

Level 115 Maui with max O5 badges and he still dies almost instantly. I’ve tried 50+ team combinations with him against mutiple teams and I cant keep him alive. Every other char who has gotten a refresh has been pretty decent. Maui not so much.

1 Like

I’d be very grateful if you could post his stats!

I know there’s a website for that, but I’m afraid it’s not necessarily that accurate

According to this website, while I don’t use him, I think he’s pretty decent - high HP, Armor, and Reality… but as @Rin_the_Hateful stated, it’d be nice if you put in your Maui and his Stats, so we would be able to help you.

Maui is awesome! I use him every day.

With his bite damage he can oneshot a lot of stuff. He’s good by its own.

However, invincibility stuff and a lot of frontline attackers who can destroy shank in 2 seconds are not gonna let him into the meta.

Here ya go.

1 Like

As a Maui fan and user, I have to agree. I was happy when he got the refresh…but unfortunately it doesn’t really help him much as he still dies way too quick to be able to show off those damage boosts he got from refresh. I tried him in different combos and each time either he just dies fast or I could build a better team without using him.

Although that being said… he is still one of my top 20 toons as I have a soft spot for him :smile:

You guys must not be using the right teams. Maui rocks and is much more useable now. He runs best as a 2nd tank (or even 3rd) to let someone else soak up the frontline damage while he charges up. This was from this morning, got me to 2nd in Challenger’s Arena. This is showing just his True damage (sharkbite) he got everyone except the Megabot.

1 Like

Well there you built a team specifically around his White Skill. And you did win, I get that. But you did put him in a freeze team with 4 front liners and 3 freeze heroes. And Elsa and Olaf. And they had 0 tank heroes and 1 damage hero. (Dont know if that is a popular combination or not)
Their team was constantly frozen (except hatter) and being damaged so that Maui could spam sharkbite.

One question. Do you have any other team comps and matchups where Maui would excel in? Maui is much better tanking at first. But as the battle goes on, he just dies.

That was a variant of a once popular freeze team on Server 2. It usually had Olaf, Elsa, Maleficent, Darkwing Duck, and one other.

I like running Maui with either Baymax or Olaf to give him some protection. But mostly I like to use variations of freeze/stun teams to keep the enemy locked up. I’ve seen Maui used with Hercules & his Maui disk, but my Herc isn’t powered up enough to be competitive yet.

Other ideas I’ve had and used to some effect (but haven’t perfected yet) include using Woody/Mickey to boost his damage, thus his sharkbite skill power and to heal him. Another idea is using Meg, and no other tanks, to keep Maui alive, I just need to build up my Meg more.

Ive seen maui megara its not bad at all there are good maui teams

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney