MMR problems

The rating system is not completely terrible, but there needs to be a change. Currently we have faced the top three guilds four of the last five battles, and one of them twice. This is a 30 million power difference. Meanwhile, there are six guilds plus or minus 10 million points of us that would be more competitive and fun battle. How does this work? Yes, we are ranked 6th in MMR and yes, the top guild must have someone to play, but realistically, you should not be forced to play the same opponent more than once every eight battles. Furthermore, the ranking system alone should not determine your opponent, I think half of that should be relative power to each other. If there’s only two guilds at 90 million and everyone else is under 70, those two guilds should face off against each other probably every other battle. currently they get each other one time out of four, which means the other three times they’re beating up on severely underpowered opponents. One of the things that makes this game fun is a close competitive battle in which you could certainly win or lose, and what makes this game frustrating is playing a battle you have less than 1% chance to win. Likewise, I don’t want to face an opponent 20 million power less than me because there’s no point to it and it’s not fun. The teir that you are in, in other words those peers of yours who are relatively the same power as yourself needs to be a much bigger factor.

In summary, the rating system needs to greatly consider relative power to each other or limit the ability to repeat the same opponent more than once per eight battles. Either one could alleviate the issue and make battles more competitive for everyone.

4 Likes

I would love to know how the matchmaking works.

Factoring in a power gap doesn’t help all servers. There’s 20mil difference in guilds 1 and 2 here and another 4-8 mil down to #3 and 4. We would all still end up rotating through each other because we are the closest in power, but the outcome is still predetermined by the power gap.
Unless they move to a true random start sports bracket type thing, war repetition is unavoidable. But what to do with losers in the bracket battles? The whole purpose of brackets is elimination - and that’s not the goal here. It’s a confuddled mess.
Extending the wars between repeats or moving to one war a week are the best options, but outcome is still predetermined in many wars.

Maybe you should join all the guilds @FrostyP and offer to help them… oh wait…

This is only the initial stage of the game where power matters. when everyone in the guild has like 15-20 maxed heroes, guild power means nothing, cause everyone has 15 maxed heroes in war.

I can’t wait to get to that point, so we start punishing the power whales :slight_smile:

That will never happen because they will never let the game get to a point where everyone can catch up and have 15-20 maxed characters. They will continue to increase the level cap every 3-4 weeks

Well, you are not entirely right.

You CAN catchup, if you use your resources wisely. It was the same catchup game in Dragon Soul, where I player 2 and a half years. With only the monthly pack I had 40+ maxed heroes in the end.

Currently on s16 I am at level 88, just 2 behind the cap - will cap it in around 10 days maybe and then will have 20 days to work on additional heroes.

S18 currently is quite easier on resources. I have all heroes unlocked except 2, with all of then already on cap level 75, and around 10 max skilled. So now I have a month to max additional heroes…

And I am only spending monthly 3 euro pack on both servers.

I have to admit, the DragonSoul experience is a huge advantage…

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney