Movement speed vs attack speed

Appreciate if anyone can help explain the difference.
Thanks

Movement speed: How fast characters move.
Attack speed: How fast characters attack.

Let me clarify my question.
My impression is that if a toon moves faster the clock would increase which Directly would increase basics attack speed, skills, and evasion (I guess?). Where an increase in attack speed only would increase basic attacks keeping skills and evasion on the base clock.
I’m looking for a clear understanding on the difference not a generic one.

Thanks

Movement speed only affects how fast characters walk, attack speed only increases the speed of a character’s skill animations. Movement speed buffs generally don’t make much of a difference outside of when a frontliner is knocked back.

I had a similar question recently and was reliably informed that attack speed doesn’t affect skill cooldown timers, to my dismay.

What does slowing down how fast a toon walks achieve? Does this mean their basic attack rate is slowed down also? I noticed that if I use pooh in invasion boss damage is cut significantly. Pooh in fights enemy damage is cut significantly.

By “Increasing skill animations” does that suggest that that skills take time to complete? I.e. if two opposing toons use a skill At the same time (let’s assume at start of wave like mulan and jafar/ scar disc), and mulan somehow has a attack speed buff. Then does that mean that Milan’s attack would stun jafar before he can activate his blue skill)?

What about basic attacks?

It takes them longer to move, which for tanks and frontliners increases the amount of time their allies are vulnerable and can help group the enemy team together.

No. Basic attacks are basic attacks, they don’t get special rules for anything.

Sort of. Take Tron for example. When you activate his white, he kneels, types something, and then the effect activates. With attack speed upgrades, the animation of him doing all that is sped up, so the effect will activate more quickly.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney