Mulan a bit too powerful?

As you all know, Mulan has been released and been used widely. Her being more accessible is good, but with her current powerful skills, high evasion, blind immunity (via the Red Skill) (as well as Skill Power mods and skill level upgrades) it’s extremely annoying and frustrating to fight her. Ar times, winning is purely RNG and the favors are never in your favor.
You may say “There are counters to her”, yes, there are. But there are not that many. Any melee attack gives her a huge shield that can only be removed with certain skills, and a special White Skill that provides the Hex effect, but only Ursula (but since her hurtbox is so big, even when it seems she’s not in melee range, she still is). Another blantant counter to her is the character released along with her: Shan Yu. I think this is their attempt at he devs giving us more of a counter to her but it’s just another blatant cash-grab.
If you say she isn’t one of the best characters in the damn game, you are most certainly wrong. Check in Arena, or Coliseum, or even SURGE or City Watch, you can see her in so many hard fights. This makes winning CW fights much more frustrating than it should be (especially in Epic CW where there are extra hindering debuffs to your team and buffs to the opponents’), as well as winning Surge fights as there are far too many fights with Mulan.
I feel like the damage on all her skills should be reduced a bit to not be a one hit KO on most characters, but if anyone has any ideas on how to overcome this, please tell me. I’ve hit my head against my table so many times i think i’ve killed my last few brain cells.

2 Likes

You can unlock red skill of jumba, it helps.

He doesn’t want counter for Mulan. He said that Mulan should be nerfed

I mean, i’m not an expert so if there are counters to her, i would still appreciate it.

A lot of Mulan’s threat comes from her high crit stat, allowing her to get a flurry of critical hits from her rocket entrance and any other time she fires it off. If your Timon & Pumbaa’s purple skill level is at least equal to Mulan’s skill level, their Hakuna Matata will stop any crits for the first 10 seconds of battle and allow you time to manage her. If you can get Jumba, his red skill will help you fight her, as mentioned above. A friend of mine modded up a high-level Mickey, making him strong enough to withstand that opening rocket barrage, which just fills his energy meter and allows him to apply Tooned Up to his team. And, sometimes, I’ll just stick poor Meg back there, knowing her sacrifice will at least give a decent amount of invincibility to whoever I have up front.

2 Likes

Which means i have to sell another limb to FULLY level up another character just to counter 1 specific character huh? Sounds just about right considering how Perblue lovessss to just vacuum the money from players.

1 Like

But Polaris said since Randall there is no overpowered hero :open_mouth:

He didn’t actually say this. He said that no hero has dominated the META in the same way as Randall did.

2 Likes

We still have OP heroes: Mulan, Powerline, Tron, Pooh…

it doesn’t matter since they are useless in arena and coliseum rules
Using them makes bonus zero

Bonuses are useless if you can’t even finish the fight though. Winning always trumps the bonuses :roll_eyes:.

5 Likes

With cashire cat and pleakly and jumpa and maximus mulan power is irrelevant
those heros even with thier mediocre skills have super high status
that made the previous power creep mulan powerless

1 Like

Mulan isn’t op . You can easy kill her

With the right team you can KO any hero…

1 Like

That’s a kneeslapper!

5 Likes

I listed four heroes: Timon & Pumbaa, Jumba, Mickey, and Megara. Jumba is the only new one; Timon & Pumbaa and Megara have been in and out of the meta since their introduction; and Mickey has always been a strong support (even though he’s fallen off over the past 6 months, but not to the point of obsolescence yet). It’s your choice if you don’t want to spend resources on Jumba, and I applaud you for not wanting to spend money on him, but if you don’t have any of the other three at a point where it wouldn’t be hard to bring them up to speed, that’s not really PerBlue’s fault.

And that is true; while one could make a good argument that Mulan has taken over the meta to an unhealthy extent, her dominance doesn’t match what Randall showed for his first three months, and there are more ways to counter her.

That is an extraordinarily vague comment. Who are they/them? And do you mean using any one of them makes it impossible to get bonus points?

1 Like

Seems like the easiest way to fix your issue is to start investing in the character that is powerful. If you know they are hard to beat, start putting all of your effort into leveling that hero. Then you can be part of the crowd too :man_shrugging:t2:

Not even that’s easy. Because by then a stronger character will be released

1 Like

Agree to disagree. And even if they introduce a new hero, Mulan will still be a strong player for a while. Randall still pops up in challenger seasons.

Well that’s not making a “balanced game” with “balanced characters”, is it now? She is much more powerful than a lot of characters ever were. Saying “Just be part of the crowd” doesn’t fix the problem.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney