Mulan Counter?

I know that Mualn is OP. Who doesn’t know that?

That’s what I said in my post…

@Irrer-Minnie sarcasm doesn’t carry too well through text.

Aside from that, the only hard counter I know of is Goliath(Th). His red skill just absorbs all of her rockets, leaving Mulan useless.

1 Like

I wasn’t sarcastic… Which post do you mean?

Can we start again?

I said that this isn’t true in my first post in this thread. Nothing else.

I don’t really understand what you trying to say Minnie, my English isn’t the best, I can’t figure out what you mean :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You said Polaris said that there haven’t been any OP heroes after Randall. That’s not true. He said that no hero dominated the META in the way Randall did.

Wait. Are you German? It says you’re called Zwerg Hook. It would be awesome cause I’m Austrian… :joy::sweat_smile::kissing_heart:

Yes indeed, I am from Germany haha :grin:

Not gonna happen

1 Like

Anyway, @DarkwingCoco, I’d say the best Mulan character is probably Goliath with his red. Mulan is very weak to enemies with high armor and thanks to his red, he completely nullifies her green skill and active.

Also, with a maxed Beast disk, Goliath can begin guarding immediately, giving her no window to stop him.

1 Like

Eventually counters will come. I know of an upcoming red skill that should help - but that does not do much for those who can’t have red skills yet. We just need to be patient.

I think one upcoming hero could be a counter to mulan as her skillet has yet to be leaked but all we have to do is wait

Honestly, seems like the easiest way to fix your issue is to start investing in that hero? Like if you know a hero is powerful, then just invest in them so you can get further in the game. More often than not, PerBlue doesn’t care about our issues so work the system in your favor. It’s the only way to win.

Let me start by saying I do think Mulan is somewhat overpowered, is too prevalent in the meta, and is sometimes fiendishly difficult to counter, there’s some points you raised that I think merit discussion.

It’s certainly very difficult to defeat Mulan, and certain combinations (looking at you, Li Shang and Timon & Pumbaa) can make it almost impossible. But while using your own Mulan, Timon & Pumbaa, and Donald can make it easier to beat her, they aren’t strictly necessary; I’ve rarely used Donald against her and sometimes will leave out Mulan or T&P when going against her, and I have a friend who, I suspect, usually doesn’t use any of those three when facing her.

This may be true, but it’s not impossible for relatively-weaker players to still do well in Challenger this month. One of our top 10 players in arena on server two is, I think, outside the top 1000 in total power, certainly outside the top 600.

Randall was introduced in mid-October of last year, Magica in mid-January of this year, GM&N in mid-February, and Jumba last month, so it was three months until his first counter was introduced. Mulan, in contrast, was introduced in mid-April, and Goliath at the beginning of June, so that’s only a 1.5 month delay. And Jumba’s blue and red skills nullify Evasion and Dodging, so there’s another Mulan counter. There’s also sap heroes, like you mentioned, some of whom have been in the game since before Mulan.

The exact quote from the State of the Game:

While I would argue that several recent heroes, most notably Mulan but not limited to her, are too powerful, it’s true that no one has been as overwhelming and overpowered as Randall was after his introduction; even now, Mulan isn’t nearly as dominant in the meta as Randall was in his prime. I think talking about whether recent heroes are “merely” powerful vs. “too” powerful is a discussion worth having, but it would help if everyone can avoid misrepresenting what the other side has said.

2 Likes

Mulan is not so big of a problem anymore with maximus in the game. But if u don’t have good team building experience It will still be hard.

1 Like

Mostly likely its cause her rockets automatically crit cause she has a shield on all the time if her rockets couldnt crit she wouldnt be as bad. And if you can lvl Shan yu later he seems like the best counter against shields.

What does Zwerg Hook mean? I tried to find on Google but found nothing about that. :joy:

Please do not revive dead topics. Thank you.

I’ll take it to DM, sorry!

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney