8: Craig of the Creek
7: Green Lantern
6: Marceline
5: Batgirl
4: Marvin the Martian
3: Daffy Duck
2: Scooby-Doo
1: Legolas Greenleaf

Half of them have a pretty good chance of getting in.

My wishlist for this game

1. Gizmo (could turn into a gremlin mid battle) (Gremlins)
  2. Daffy Duck (Looney tunes)
  3. Beetlejuice (Beetlejuice)
  4. Sheldon cooper (Big Bang theory)
  5. Stripe (Gremlins)
  6. Warner’s (animaniacs)
  7. Marvin the Martian (looney tunes)
  8. Cookie Monster (doubtful but it would be funny) (sesame street)
  9. King Kong
  10. Emily (corpse bride)

My characters wishlist for Multiversus

1. Princess Willow (Scooby Doo)
  2. Parzival (Ready Player One)
  3. Fred Flintstone
  4. Robin (Teen Titans (2003)
  5. Babe and Buster Bunny
  6. Pinky and the Brain
  7. Hello Nurse
  8. Freakazoid
  9. Katie Ka-Boom
  10. Lola Bunny

The Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote are the ones I want to see most.
To be honest, the only confirmed character I actually recognize is Iron Giant.

Also, I’m not a DC fan, so don’t know anything about their characters.

Anyone know what WarnerBros makes besides those animated shorts?
To me, it looks like they’re borrowing characters from other franchises they did not create.

Well, apart from Looney Tunes and DC, Warner Bros. has the rights to Hanna Barbara cartoons such as Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, the Flintstones, the Jetsons, and Yogi Bear.

They also have Cartoon Network as their personal cartoon channel like Dexter’s Labratory, The Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe.

They also have Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Fantastic Beast, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Austin Powers, The Matrix, It, Beetlejuice, Gremlins, The Mask, The Goonies, Lord of the Rings, and Dune just to name a few off the top of my head.

Hope that helps.

So why did they not lead with the Powerpuff Girls and Ben10?
It would be a reasonable expectation those franchise characters are well known.

Unfortunately, there are so many versions of Ben and Gwen now, these are the ones I would prefer them to use.

But I expect if they add the Tennyson cousins, they’ll add their teenage versions instead.

To me, it looks like they’re going for adult scale characters or characters from real life franchises.
I hope they don’t source more real life characters, I prefer animated characters.

Have to be honest, I see quite the opposite. About shorter characters, we already got Taz, Steven, Finn, Jake, Tom and Arya. 6 out of 15 playable at the moment, not that low. Live action ones
only Arya at the moment, all others are from animated franchises. And I have to say, I really like Arya’s style here, she blends with her animated allies and opponents quite well.

If I understand things right, Ben 10 got rebooted recently, at least I saw a lot of merch with younger Ben, but a different artstyle. So yeah, the new one has a pretty high chance to appear. However, they might also stick with the classics, as we see on Velma not being a sarcasm machine.

Well, if they’re adding third party characters. I can think of two that I think would be perfect for Multiversus

3rd party character 1

Popeye

popeye

I think his theme song speaks for itself

:musical_note: He’s Popeye the Sailor Man (Toot) :musical_note:
:musical_note: He’s Popeye the Sailor Man (Toot) :musical_note:
:musical_note: He’s strong to the finish :musical_note:
:musical_note: Cause he eats his spinach :musical_note:
:musical_note: He’s Popeye the Sailor Man (toot toot) :musical_note:

Popeye the Sailor was once a one-shot character in the Thimble Theatre comic strip until his popularity soured giving him his own comic series and eventually his own series of cartoon shorts. He became a Smash hit with popularity rivaling that of Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny. The story revolves him going on globe trotting adventures with his feisty sweetheart, Olive Oly, his eternal rival, Bluto, burger loving loafer, Wimpy, and baby Swee’ Pea. The story usually goes that Popeye and Bluto compete for Olive’s affection which usually ends in a fist fight between the two sailors. When Popeye is on the ropes, he eats a can of spinach which gives him a burst of super human strength and beats Bluto to a fine pulp. But under the rough exterior, he a big sweetheart that just wants to make Olive happy.

Popeye had been in Boomerang, which is basically a retirement channel for old Cartoon Network shows at one point despite the fact that Popeye made his home in Paramount. Popeye would be a well-rounded fighter that uses his fighting skills to become a combo machine. And when his back is against the wall, he could always eat a can of spinach to give him a power boost to show that’s all he can stands and he can’t stands no more.

3rd party character 2

Snoopy and Woodstock

1249092232_6102_full-1-

Much like Popeye, Snoopy and Woodstock started in the Peanuts comic strips by Charles Schultz. Snoopy is a beagle that belong everybody’s favorite blockhead, Charlie Brown. He serves as something of a foil to good ol’ Chuck. Where Charlie is something of a optimistic screw-up, Snoopy is the jack-of-all-trade that can excel at anything with ease (at least in his own mind). Together with his little bird friend, Woodstock, he uses his vivid imagination to have fantastic adventures from being Joe Cool, the top dog on campus to being the iconic World War 1 flying ace where he tries in vain to shoot down his arch enemy, the Red Baron.

You can thank Warner Bros. for Peanuts’ many, many, many TV specials before going into AppleTV. Many may choose Charlie Brown, Linus, or any of the other children, but seeing Snoopy is the face of Peanuts (apart from Charlie) he and Woodstock would be awsome to have for Multiversus. They would be a team similar to Duck Hunt, where they use elements and running gags in Peanuts to their advantage. As for their final Smash, Snoopy would dress as the flying ace and send his opponents into a dog fight between him and the red baron with his opponents in the crossfire. With Snoopy and Woodstock in the roster, they would give the Nothing a whole new meaning to dogfight.

Are these the reboot Ben10 characters?

According to the notes I read, they’re supposed to be 10, but they look younger then their classic versions.

By adult scale, I meant anyone roughly the same height as the adult characters, being slightly shorter doesn’t remove them from that size classification.

I am counting the DC characters as live action.

I hope they wouldn’t use those reboot designs. They’re hideous.

Even counting the DC characters as live action, the roster is still over 66% from animation. I wouldn’t say they’re leaning towards any one type of character. They’re picking characters they want and are able to create. Besides I’m fairly certain this Batman is from the animated series. His idle stance does the black silhouette from it and on his stage there’s a picture of Joker on his computer that is from the animated series.

They could give Ben the same treatment they gave Link. Add in both the teen and kid version of Ben like they did in PTE-XL given they have a different set of aliens to use for their movesets.

How about bobert from the amazing world of gumball. That will make a great addition to the multiversus game

Seen how much some people don’t like talking about datamined characters so I made it in a spoiler. Click at your own risk

datamined character stuff

I’m pretty sure they found voicelines for him in the game files. It was him talking to LeBron (another datamined character) or I think bugs or Shaggy.

Can someone interpret this for me please?

What precisely makes these items worth $150 in AUD?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney