Need to address the real surge problem

Continuing the discussion from Update 1.6 Patch Notes:

I appreciate trying to make creep surge less grindy. However, this “fix” only exacerbates a real problem: 15 waves isn’t enough with all the new heroes and increased power. Our top players feel overly constrained because if they use their heroes, lower players don’t get to attack. And lower players don’t get to feel their contribution because we can win without them.

Please add two more waves to creep surge as an optional difficulty.

6 Likes

I was going to say this was a bad idea until in the last few words you added “as an Optional difficulty”

Now I approve wholeheartedly

3 Likes

I’d suggest a difficulty above Super Hard called Endless to allow all players in a guild to use all of their heroes to get maximum gold. I would suggest capping the Surge token and Influence rewards for Endless at the same maximums as Super Hard to maintain some balance there, as I wouldn’t want to see this turn into another factor that pushes people to abandon a guild they are happy with. I don’t want to turn this into a feel bad addition for guilds that can’t finish Super Hard yet, but a feel good addition for the guilds that are currently in the situation described by OP.

5 Likes

It makes sense. I agree with your arguments.

We’ve been regularly clearing super hard for s while, I’d like to see either an added difficulty or as mentioned above, an ‘endless’ option (but with capped influence and tokens)

2 Likes

Question: Do you guys clear every district possible every wave or do you do the 4 regioms per wave? If you do partial regions every wave you’d get those extra two waves worth of districts you’re looking for.

The issue with doing that, is you’re using more toons before finishing the wave requirement so you need to be 100% sure the guild can do that and still finish. Out of 15 waves, if you hit the whole map every wave thats a lot more power used than just 2 additional waves

You can only do 4 regions per wave. As soon ss the 4th region is cleared, a new wave starts.

1 Like

you can attack other areas instead of completing the 4th

Sure but not every wave. They unfinished districts carry over until they are finished.

2 Likes

Exactly. The most you could get would be 2 districts short of an additional 2 regions. You could maximize the districts you complete by doing the ones with 6 districts instead of 4 on each wave. It won’t add more conpletion rewards, but would give more opportunities and gold for the guild members.

I’d love another difficulty level here, ports & trials got the much needed increase; but why not surge?

1 Like

Sorry, but you don’t understand the mechanics of surge. We clear every district possible. But clearing extra districts in wave 1 doesn’t help, they carry forward as “completed”. The most you can do “extra” is have every district but one cleared in each region in the last wave, and then clear four final districts.

Edit: the idea of capping is not needed. By that logic, you shouldn’t get more gold for finishing 15 waves than you do for finishing 7. Bigger wins deserve bigger rewards, AND are often needed to support higher costs at that level. Glad to see broad support for more difficulties in surge.

As for the suggestion to hit other regions, it is immaterial in the grand scheme of things.

You could have let’s say 2, 3 & 4 hit - don’t hit 1 so it doesn’t clear.

Also 5, 6, 7 & 8 hit - but not 9 so it doesn’t clear.

But that is really just 7 more areas, it’s less than half a wave difference.

If perblue dev team is interested, I would like to talk them about non-regression test campains.

my guild is suffering and taking massive loss over the new changes… to the surge…quite fixing stuff till it breaks… also please address the super easy use of the extra war attacks by players…

It is broken.

And extra war attacks are fine.

That sounds like an issue with your guild and not having proper communication. Our guild cleared super hard perfectly fine today after the bug was fixed

1 Like

they changed and made it hader but thanks

What are you talking about?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney