New Heist Bug

In a heist I played recently, I fought the thief and defeated her. Upon reentering the heist map, the banner that drops down to say that the thief lost one of her lives says that the thief was victorious! But I won the fight and defeated her. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a screenshot before the banner disappeared.
I know it has been mentioned before, but I might as well bring attention to it again. The thief’s defeat animation is broken again. When defeated, the thief just disappears instead of dropping her daggers.
Think you could pass this along to the team, @Polaris?

2 Likes

Are you sure in heist there were no other battles going on and you just happened to miss “The thief lost a life!” notification?

It was immediately after I finished my battle with the thief.

1 Like

That still doesn’t mean there wasn’t a battle going on

1 Like

It was a fight with the thief who was attempting to steal a valuable. The thief doesn’t attack two places at once (well, except for if a hideout fight and a thief sighting happen at the same time— but that wasn’t the case). The banner that I am describing only appears after someone finishes a fight with the thief at the site of a valuable.

1 Like

Last night I thought I saw the “Thief was victorious” message, but upon checking the map, all the valuables were still in play. I will have to watch more closely next time.

Come to think of it, I do see that message sometimes when someone else fought the thief and had that message, but no valuables were lost.

just popped in to say the same thing (frequently) happens to me. i usually do SHH’s daily and at least once a heist it will say “thief is victorious” when the thief battle is actually won. doesn’t seem to affect anything in battle, just causes a little confusion.

1 Like

If you have a battle that you won, but it says the Thief was victorious, please grab a screenshot and send it to support. We don’t want the Thief cheating!

It’s possible for the Thief to be victorious and not steal a valuable. There are times when heroes will spot the Thief and chase her across part of the map. In those cases, there isn’t a valuable involved, so she doesn’t gain anything by winning.

3 Likes

I see the same thing they all mentioned too. It happens during times that the thief fights at a gem and the character guarding the gem is the one that has to be activated to fight. Actually this happens quiet often, I always thought it was just a weird mechanic.

Even the units involved in the fight aren’t KOd at the end when it says she’s victorious too

@Polaris I don’t think this is what the OP described, but I’ll take the opportunity to mention it -

If you’re in an ambush (or any other fight) while someone is battling the thief, and their thief battle ends before yours - upon finishing your battle you’ll always get “The Thief was Victorious!” - whether she was or not.

3 Likes

Hm :thinking: Thanks for the details - I’ll have the team take a look!

1 Like

@Polaris Can you explain this?, I found a glitch trick in heist, for make thief disappear without fight.

bad lag…very bad conncection?

@Polaris here’s a snapshot of that bug. I was fighting an ambush while another player was fighting the thief. The thief battle ended before my ambush. When I came out of the ambush, the box said this, though the player won.

1 Like

Ah, then yeah that’s exactly what I described above xD it’s always been an issue AFAIK. Hopefully they can get it sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney