New War system is rubbish change it back please

Agreed on all points. As the #4 guild and with the rule you cant get the same guild in war for 3 wars puts us constantly facing off against the same top tier guilds again and again that swamp us in power. We were facing legendary tier teams while we stayed in gold because our mmr was high.

We didnt have the opportunity to fight anyone else until out mmr was depressed below guilds with 4 active players that reached legendary many rounds ahead of us. And then as soon as we win once against another team, our mmr bumped back high enough to send us through the 1-3 ranked teams again.

Our guild is active and deserves to be well beyond where we are in this system. Something needs to be addressed. War is one of the only remaining elements that keeps the bulk of us interested and the change in matchups is killing that in a huge way. Please address this ASAP @Polaris

2 Likes

Exactly as stated above. The system needs to be changed back to only facing guilds in the same tier that you are currently in. Support was contacted and I was told that this allows for more possible opponents in the guild season, yet this season my guild faced far fewer opponents than previous wars as we constantly were matched to the top 3 guilds.

2 Likes

If you’re waiting for data @Polaris:

60% of our matchups were against the same top three teams. 9/15 opportunities.

The last 40% were distributed amongst 5 other guilds.

It was more diverse in the previous system by a wide margin.

3 Likes

@Polaris We have faced the same 4 guilds on repeat mode since mid February, which is no fun for anyone. War was already broken before you changed matchmaking and your update made it worse.

It was fresh, new, and fun back in November. Yes, it is called Guild Wars. The unintended consequence of this game mode was a massive run on power by many guilds. Folks left established/good guilds to be in a top guild. Guilds merged. At the same time, you were introducing the 6th star and on an aggressive level cap rise schedule. Then you made skill points more expensive as well as xp to level up heroes. A lot of players were left behind in this sequence of events and so they quit.

Those who endured and are now speaking up are bored with war. The matchmaking system is their point of contention at the moment, but I think it speaks to more. They want variety in war. Not just in matchmaking, but the mode itself. Let guilds war in the current iteration maybe once every few months. Run it NCAA bracket style one month based on prior month rankings. Scale it into 5, 10, 25 guildie teams so that we can face off against our guildmates too. Cap a guild’s power to ensure a fairer match. Rotate the car perks so it isn’t always the top right car that has the highest value, forcing guilds to balance all nine cars. Let us pick the heroes that are off duty for the matchup. Let us pick the sabotage. Heck, let us even pick a player that can’t attack in a given war. There are many different ways to add variety and excitement back into war, these are just a few (and I’m not saying to do these things all at the same time). You run contests in very specific ways multiple times each month…do you not have the abilty to do the same with Guild War?

Folks are bored with war, at least many of those I talk to in Server 2. The posters and rewards excite no one. War excites no one. I hope when you give us Invasion, you also take War offline and make it fun to play again because the potential is there if Per Blue is willing to do the work.

9 Likes

Excellent points and great ideas to freshen it up. I completely agree that the war has gone stale and it’s not just the matchups that are bothering us. I absolutely love the idea of an NCAA bracket style of war.
The main problem is war is pretty much the only aspect of the game that uses some sort of planning and strategy, so it has kept some of us interested while the rest of the game lost most of its appeal. However, now, even war is going stale, which is a major problem.

3 Likes

There are tons of ideas available to freshen up war, but(yes, always a but) Per Blue shows no desire to communicate or answer these forums. It was informed to me today that these forums are for peer to peer communication more then developer feed back. Why do we keep wasting energy for someone to reply about how much they (Per Blue) listens and values our feedback. The only interest they have shown is how to monetize different aspects of raising the cap monthly.

(They completely ignored my invasion release portion of the question)

Everyone should post support tickets telling Per Blue about the current situation of the game from their current respective. Wether it is amazing or decaying at a monstrous pace. Give ideas and ways to change the game for the better.

Thanks and goodluck!

4 Likes

That is both sad and unfortunate.

1 Like

@Logik i think u are stretching a bit to come up with “the forums are for peer to peer communication more than developer feedback” from that message. They are saying that the forum is not for customer support, which it’s not. Feedback is something else entirely.

It should really be done by guild combat level. Average of top 15 heroes per player, divided by members of guild at combat sort time.

I agree that there is a big problem with the matchmaking system. An easy fix would be to increase the number of matches before a you can face the same guild or put a cap on the number of times you can face the same guild in a single season. Facing the same guild repeatedly is a problem and is bound to get old very quickly. Right now, you can face the same guild every 4th war. Increasing that to 6-8 would ensure we all get some variety.

We’re the 3rd ranked guild on our server, and the last few cycles of 4 wars, we ALWAYS match with the #1, #2 and #4 guilds, with the 4th war rotating. I’m not complaining that we’re losing - we know we can and have won against higher power guilds with enough coordination. But it’s both boring and frustrating to constantly have the same opponents.

EDIT TO ADD: I don’t believe that this is the best long term solution. Guild wars, as a system, needs some work. But this is a QUICK and EASY way to at least make it better/more tolerable in the meantime.

5 Likes

Pip is on server 3. Makes sense.

As far as banging heads against the same unbeatable guilds due to the matchmaking, they could lengthen the immune time up from 3 wars. So if you’re #3, and you’re hitting #2 & 1 every 4 wars, instead, it could be every 5, or 6, or 7. You’ll see a broader range of guilds that way. Our guild too is pretty much rotating the same 4 opponents…

It makes sense to be matched up against similar MMR, but as most people have already expressed; the current system really sucks. The original way worked better (after the first month settling in period, anyway)

2 Likes

Huh? yes i am? characters

What a rubbish response, they believe the current matchmaking gives varied opponents

1 Like

I’d also like to chime in on this issue from way over on server 14. As it stands right now we have 2 top guilds very close in power. The problem is that the next guild is just about 5 million LESS in power and it trickles down from there. From the start of war my guild has consistently been Legendary 5, if not because we’re scrappers. However, in this season alone, we have faced the same top 3 guilds on our server at least twice. On one occasion we were in gold and went up against the #1 guild WHO WAS LEGENDARY ALREADY. That’s a 2 bracket difference there. Look, we do our best in each war, and we get rewarded with an over inflated MMR that leads us right back to matches at the top. What also doesn’t help is that those same two guilds had a majority of their players at 85 and all heroes with fully enhanced P4 badges BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF THE CAP INCREASE WAS DONE. How do you expect that to be a competition? I sure hope the data is relevant as it’s already turned off a lot of people on server 14. I might even consider just not having the guild participate in future wars if this continues.

5 Likes

I have to agree with much of what has been said here.

Ultimately, it boils down to boredom born from repetition. Rotating the same 4 or 5 guilds has been one big sighing eyeroll after another. Wars should either be reduced in number (1 or 2 a week) or the pool needs to be expanded greatly (many suggestions to this already). A combination of the two would also be welcomed.

It’s ridiculous that all of the top 20 guilds would not be listed in the top 25 or so of war rankings, not due to lack of participation or capability, just the matchmaking system.

The power gap from guild to guild practically ensures the outcome, regardless of MMR; this creates a motivation void. It’s very hard to compete as a team without motivation.

On motivation: for what are we competing, bragging rights? The rewards absolutely do not reflect the time and work put into an individual war. And then there is a week or two of them with no ‘little rewards’ along the way.

We have an amazing guild of team players, as most of the top guilds do, but between war burnout and general irritation at simple game inconsistencies (mainly the difference in toon performance from war mode to any other mode and in-game chat issues, which force guilds to use an outside app) it’s hard to keep players. It’s also hard to recruit. Fewer players are willing to leave whichever guild they are in anymore, even for a higher guild, but more are leaving the game altogether. This tells me that the consumers are doing their part; it is the supplier that is dropping the ball.

We appreciate the work PB puts into new content and game modes (I even appreciate the slower pace of increases), but when only one in 37 replies says something is working, perhaps attention should be given to the dissenters.

5 Likes

Thanks for the posts here so very good points made to back up the change that Is needed

Look at the power difference we have had TWR 4 times the war it’s a instant lose. Don’t mind having them once or twice not 4 times

3 Likes

I’d like to give an update on this from server 2. #4 guild in power with very active participation. Couldn’t make it to legendary not because of war performance but lack of diversity in teams and war opportunity throughout the season due to the matchmaking. Our MMR puts us 6th overall but we are the sole guild of the top guilds to not make it. The next closest guild in our tier has 28 members in it and is ranked 68th. I hope when you read this @Polaris you dont take this as a guild with a pretty complaint about not getting the highest tier. It is us trying to show how the matchmaking clearly affected team matching distribution and has a clear adverse effect. Our power and participation clearly should have us in the next tier but the SYSTEM prevented that. The math is wrong. The rules, the matching: not ideal.

This wouldn’t matter to us if rewards weren’t attached to tiers. We dont care about the poster. The automated messages you send us with our support tickets I find unsatisfactory. We understand why you say you changed it but the evidence shows it isnt doing what you say it should. Every other guild in the top 25 made it into legendary but we couldn’t because of the 3 war rule, mmr as the singular value of matching, and how it screws the 4th guild. Changing the number of wars you are immune from getting the same guild again will just affect another guild the same way it did to us. It is not a solution. As another poster said, we were over 3 tiers away at one point in a war with someone who had already reached legendary when we were in gold. If you continue to attach reward thresholds to tiers, the tiers need to matter in matchmaking. It’s far more fair to use mmr as a secondary calculation and use number of wins/tier level as the primary means, as you initially had it.

This is the power differences between our guilds. Unless half the overpowered guild is asleep or disinterested, there is no strategy that overcomes this. Matchmaking matters. Please do something about the matching system. Please do something about war in general. There are tons of good ideas in this thread.

4 Likes

Poor your guild, I can see your guild, with Surtados (top 10) and my guild (top 15) in stuck together but we’re really lucky when reached legendary rank at last minute :roll_eyes: . Hope they will change the way to pair soon …

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney